Bikini weight! :)

Options
saracatherine89
saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
How much did you weigh when you could wear a bikini and look good? Or vice versa- what was the weight you got down to when you felt like you could bare your belly?

I weigh 199lbs and I feel like I am *ALMOST* there. I am also 6 feet tall and do a crapload of cardio/circuit training so I have a fair bit of muscle tone. I used to weigh about 205 in high school and I felt like I am WAY better looking now then since I am in the best physical shape of my life.

My thinnest weight was 167 pounds. I was eating crap and starving myself, and I lost a ton of fat and muscle. I looked good in a bikini but my boobs shrank 2 cup sizes and you could tell from my hair that I was not healthy.

Replies

• Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is me in May on vacation and I was about 200-202ish. It is all about confidence :O) Because, I also wore a bikini at 250... hahahaha jus sayin~
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini at 190 (now the bottoms were boy shorts and not the string I'll wear now). I'm 144 now and planning on being super-duper comfy in my bikini this weekend at the beach. I'm 5'11.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini at 195lbs., At that weight i had a nice abs. There is a pic on my profile of my abs at that time. I think it doesnt really have much to do with weight as much as it has to do with being toned. Someone could have ripped abs at almost 200lbs and look great in a bikini and someone else could weigh 10lbs less than that with no toning and look like crap. I say if you think you are ready rock that 2 piece!!!!! If you are still self conscious then wait, its all up to what makes you feel comfortable
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie I LOVE this post. I thought I was gonna get depressed reading all these 1something posts but seeing some 2somethings REALLY encourages and reminds me that this "bikini weight" concept is obtainable.
    My mom thinks I can rock one now at 215ish. I personally would want to get down to 200.
    I do cardio 6 days a week, high protein intake, low carbs (a girl can have a dream about that last one, right?).
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to rock the bikini this summer or ever, but my husband encouraged me too. I'm 5'9" and 173. I've had 3 kids, so I have the moderate stretch marks that I was insecure about. I'm glad I listened to my husbands encouraging. I think I look pretty damn good and I'm looking forward to seeing my body continue to improve.
  • fingerpaints
    fingerpaints Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have avoided bikinis because of stretch marks. I work in marketing, and recently helped out on a big photoshoot for my company. We hired professional models, both of whom had stretch marks in their bikinis- and still rocked it out and looked gorgeous! This made me feel SO much better about my own.

I have rocked a bikini at a variety of sizes, it really is all about how confident & comfortable you are.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for 170 because I still have this beautiful ponch of a stomach! LOL. I could probably get away with one now if I could just lay down or stand up. LOL
  • Bxwarren13
    Bxwarren13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh 171 (5foot 11 3/4") and still don't want to wear a bikini. I believe it is a full on confidence thing. I have stretch mark city on my stomach from pregnancy that haunts my bikini selection. I think if I found a super cute tankini I would consider it tho, I guess. Haha :) Before pregnancy I wore a bikini at 185, soooo idk, things change. Haha