sighting

Options
miranda_mom
miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
So today I was driving home from work and I saw that the car in front of me had a Chi-O sticker. So I was like "huh, we had Chi-O at Gettysburg. Wonder where she went to college". So then I saw that she had another sticker - a little less noticeable, for Gettysburg College. I was so excited! (I live about three hours away from Gettysburg, so although it's in the same state, it's not exactly local). I was hoping we'd get out at the same place so I could say hi!
It reminded me of the time one of the other moms at my daughter's day care was pulling out of her spot and I saw she had an AXiD sticker on her car - I went up to her car and knocked on the window while she was trying to pull out. Probably scared the poor woman half to death but I just wanted to say hi to another AXiD!
Do you have any cool or funny sighting stories?

Replies

• Lalala_Liz
    Lalala_Liz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I go to school out of state, in Wisconsin, and one night this past winter I was at a restaurant at my hometown in Illinois and was wearing my Sigma Sigma Sigma sweatshirt. This girl comes over to me SUPER excited and bubbly and introduced herself and gave me a hug and said she was a Tri Sigma at Illinois State and she saw my sweatshirt and was excited to see a fellow sister.

Isn't being Greek the best?
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I know several Tri-Sigs and they are all awesome!
  • nap7fd
    nap7fd Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was supporting my big who was running the shamrock marathon and wearing a trisigma sweatshirt when three women came by and were like "we're sigmas too!" it was pretty adorable. and after I accepted my bid I found out one of my best friend's mom is actually a trisigma too.
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I remember coming home for spring break right after being initiated and walking around Petsmart wearing my chapter jersey. I was watching the dogs in doggy daycare (I was waiting for my dog to finish with the groomers) when this sweet little old lady came up to me and asked where I went to college at. I told her and she informed me that she was a Phi Mu too! I was so excited!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I see other sororities all the time...on cars, mostly, as I feel I spend half my life commuting.

Anyway, my most recent Alpha Phi sighting was at Target after a particularly grueling kickboxing class. I saw a young lady wearing an Alpha Phi shirt walking in to Target as I was leaving. I think I scared her half to death when I asked her what chapter she was from (JMU) and told her my chapter (Florida Tech). It was pretty neat. :)