what do i need to know

Options
LexyLou_5
LexyLou_5 Posts: 43 Member
Hi all,

i was diagnosed yesterday with PCOS, always been in back of my mind but nows if official.

I have done some online research and seeing my gp next week, in the mean time i wonder what i needed to know, what my options are?

Any advice and support is greatly welcome

many thanks

Replies

• qristina
    qristina Posts: 16
    Options
    hi! I was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago. I am still trying to get my head around it. But it does explain all the symptoms I have had!

I don't know too much about it yet, but I did order a book that has some great reviews and is providing a lot of great info: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004O0TUBC/ref=docs-os-doi_0
  • saiicorisah
    saiicorisah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I also have PCOS. I was diagnosed two years ago and still struggling with all the issues that come with it. Just recently a few months ago I started taking Maca. Maca with Metformin have helped me regulate my periods and I am starting to feel much better. Also look up about Gluten-free food & PCOS.

Maca is a root plant know as the Peruvian Ginseng and it has a lot of benefits, along with treating infertility, sexual dysfunction and others. I know people with P.C.O.S. that take Maca and have been successful in conceiving :) Also, if you end up buying Maca, make sure it is organic and there is nothing in the ingredients other than the capsule itself; otherwise, the Maca is not pure.

Good Luck! :)
  • Sheilav330
    Sheilav330 Posts: 57
    Options
    I got diagnosed in november... i got put on metformin and now i am on birth control pills to control my mood swings...i use hair remover to remove my facial hair but it has been really difficult to drop the lbs but i am loosing the inches though...just have to watch the carb intake is what i am doing and so far it has worked for me...but if u have or are planning to have children is not impossible there's alternatives out there that can help you...just keep on exercising and eventually you will notice a big difference and start feeling better i workout 5 times a week for 30 minutes of circuit training its helping me a lot and i am feeling so much better