Check in?

Options
Hey all!

How's everybody doing? I noticed no one's been on the forums much so I thought I'd start a new thread to check in and say hello!

How's everyone's week/month going?

Here's my check in: I'm trucking right along toward Tough Mountain. The race is exactly two weeks from today. Le gasp! The Tough Mountain organizers just posted the list of obstacles that will be in the race, and holy crap I'm terrified. I've been training steadily (and hard) for this race for almost 4 months now and I am still worried I might not be able to do some of the obstacles. But, the fear is driving my training so I plan to make these last two weeks count! :)

I also am doing a new dietary thing for July....(not "a diet" in the fad diet sense). I'm following "Bob's rules" which I pulled out of his (Bob Harper, I mean) new book "Skinny Rules." I don't like the term "skinny" but the bottom line is, his rules for nutrition are sound: Less carbs, more lean protein, more veg, and when you eat counts almost as much as what you eat. I've committed to following the Rules for the month of July...I want to see how I will feel after making these changes, and I figure a month is long enough to notice any differences. The biggest thing for me is getting in enough protein, and also cutting out added sweeteners of all types. It's amazing how different (and good!) a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries tastes when I don't add sugar or honey to it.

Proud moment of the week: I made it through our family 4th of July BBQ without deviating from the Rules! This includes not eating extraneous carbs (hamburger buns, crackers, pasta salad), not eating white potatoes, and not eat any (!) of the blueberry pie I made. My dessert at the BBQ was my own raw blueberry pie: plain frozen wild blueberries, about 1/2 cup of coconut milk, and a raw crumble made from walnuts, dried dates, oats, and spices.

How about you? What are you working on this week? What's your proud moment?

Hope everyone is well! :)

Replies

• Nielasan
    Nielasan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    check out this book "the portable personal trainer" by eric harr. i swear this guy is like the training Confucius. i read his tips a couple at a time during meals and he changed my outlook on athleticism, really motivated me. you could probably get it at the library or online for super cheap. good luck getting ready.