new to the group

Options
Hi all, so glad to have found a group of horse-folks on here! I've been on MFP a while, but not been following this program as I had been doing weight watchers. Okay...actually I had been signed up but not even really following that. Needed to save a little $$$ so doing MFP and so far really like it.

I want to lose weight to feel better, look better, have more energy and be a better rider. I am also working to get into shape as I am just flat out sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Glad I found you all and hope we can help each other stay motivated!

Tracey

Replies

• ruralgirl
    ruralgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi there Tracey

What are you up to with your riding? Got any horses? What sort of riding do you do mainly?? Its slow going for me the weight loss thing but Im feeling much better for it and Im sure my horses are keen for me to keep going too;-) Good luck and hopefully MFP will help you reach your goals...
  • backonbandwagon
    Options
    Welcome Tracy! Looking forward to hearing about your riding and weight loss adventures :D
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Mfp has been a wonderful tool and this group and many others are very supportive. One of my motivations is definitely looking and feeling better in the saddle. Where in TX are you from? I live near Ft Worth.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • txdistancerider
    Options
    Not up to a whole lot with my riding right now as it is too blasted hot! We set a record here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area yesterday of 107 and believe me it felt every bit of that much! I went out to the barn where I board my mare and all I did was clean her pen and make up her feed for the week and that about wore me out! Had to go home and immediately take a shower!!!

Someone asked what kind of riding I do and lately it's just been a little pleasure riding. But when time and finances allow I have mostly competed in competitive trail and endurance riding...those are my first loves. I have a 16yr old arabian mare and she and I have done CTR and endurance for the past 8 years together. Last year we also did a little bit of showing and ranch sorting and both of those were fun too.

But I was laid off in December and am still in process of trying to find new job so not had the $$$ to do much of anything lately...just grateful we've been able to continue to afford to keep my horse. I am changing careers and getting certified to teach and hope to be teaching for the coming school year. Once the money starts flowing again I will be able to get back on trail competing and pleasure riding like I want to!
  • ruralgirl
    Options
    Hey good luck with that - I love endurance too but not got the range of off road you have:-) Keep us posted:-)
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hey good luck with that - I love endurance too but not got the range of off road you have:-) Keep us posted:-)

Really? How did the 32km ride go??? My longest (and only one) was 10 miles!! :bigsmile:
  • ruralgirl
    Options
    It was cancelled:-( because -you guessed it - the rain!!!
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ah.... I see, but made up for it with a 3 hour hack!! My backside has had it after an hour in the forest!! :sad: