Anyone on the HSGD diet

Options
I just made a group for this and I'm looking for fellow HSGD followers. :)

Replies

• imafluffypuffybear
    Options
    hi i just joined ur group
    when i read the title it looked kind off help full can u maybe tell me something about it plz:)
    thx for understanding !!!
  • lighterthanlace
    Options
    I'll start it! it's something nice and different that might help me! xoxo
  • Teensy5
    Teensy5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Whatis this diet I am a newbie and need to lose 50 lbs. I have sleep apenea ta boot.
  • bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Interested. Where can I get info on how to do this plan.
  • hearts895
    hearts895 Posts: 12
    Options
    I found this diet on my favorite site, Tumblr. Basically it has reasonably low calorie limits that fluctuate daily so that you don't end up in a plateau. There is regular HSGD and an extended version. I'm starting with the regular HSGD and if I like what I see I'll keep going. You are supposed to start HSGD on a Monday cause to coincide with the schedule so I've just been doing 900 cal/day till Monday. Fruits & veggies aren't supposed to be counted but I'm counting them cause they definitely have calories and I'm not going by Net cals, I'm going by Food cals as my guideline (I really want to see results lol). Your also supposed to do 30 min of cardio at least 3x a week.
    Here are some links to the tumblr pages that show how HSGD and Extended HSGD work.

Regular: http://aimingforless.tumblr.com/hsgd
    Extended: http://99in100.tumblr.com/post/26542395244/i-need-to-lose-weight-with-health-so-im-now
  • bizybeemom
    Options
    Awesome! Since tomorrow is Monday, its a perfect time to start. I think I'll give it a go. Eager to see how we do!
  • hearts895
    Options
    Well my goal was to *not* dip into my extra calories that I earned through working out but...a 12 hr shift with banana bread in the breakroom ruined my plans :( I was supposedly only 60 calories over my food limit and still under my net limit, but I'm resolved to do so much better and no matter how exhausted I am on my 12 hr shift tomorrow,* I won't mess up.* I can't! Good luck all on 800 cal tomorrow!
  • bizybeemom
    Options
    Well, I did great on Monday, but a pitch in derailed my 800 calorie day. :( still did better then I would have in the past. Stayed within my old calorie goals so not too bad. I'll do better tomorrow. We trip, and then start again!
  • hearts895
    Options
    Well said bizzybeemom - we do trip but we'll get right back up! I managed to make it under 800 cal without counting the 2 oranges I ate - since I don't technically have to count fruit ;) Also continuing couch to 5k, .... I'm praying I'll see at least some results from all this!
  • bizybeemom
    Options
    Success today! The rest of the week will be a breeze. I recently started on Advocare stuff which has really reduced the amount I need to eat so I am not starving at the lower calorie levels. Yay! Between that and backing down the calories, I should start to see results.
  • hearts895
    Options
    Doing pretty good thus far... I can't tell if it helped me loose the 4lbs I lost but I'll take it!
  • bizybeemom
    Options
    Great job! I have been a bit of of a failure this week. Back on the wagon tomorrow!
    Doing pretty good thus far... I can't tell if it helped me loose the 4lbs I lost but I'll take it!
  • PandaPants0612
    PandaPants0612 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Starting it today, but starting on Day 2 so I don't mess up the chart. Seems pretty reasonable :)
  • mikurulove10
    Options
    To be honest, I JUST bounced up from the ABC Diet, which I officially quit yesterday after reading of how people lost weight better on this than on the ABC due to starvation mode and whatnot.
    I`ve tried this diet before, but I utterly failed, gave up, and moved on to the ABC Diet. It`s like a circle. But I'm determined to do this again, and hopefully lose my weight properly this time. Cheers!
  • leannmcclain3887
    Options
    I just started it yesterday and I managed to stay in the first day goal. We will see how it goes