Encouraging 14 Yr Old To Get Boob Job

Options
"Britney is going through a funny phase at the moment and saying she doesn't want to get her boobs done," Chantal Marshall told the Sun of London. "Britney is 14 going on 30. She idolizes her older sisters, so we've already started talking about her getting a boob job. At the moment, she doesn't really have what I would say are boobs, but I'd like to her follow in her sisters' footsteps."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/britney-marshall-breast-implants_n_1650663.html

Stories like these, make me want to punch cute kittens.

Also, the mother seems to be transferring her own insecurities to her daughter. I personally think this is awful.

What do you think?

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    It's ridiculous and disgusting. It's one thing if a woman wants them in her 20s, but the kid is 14 and she feels fine with what she has. Her mom needs a smack upside the head. The message she's sending to her daughter is, you have to look a certain way or you'll fail at life.

On the other hand, isn't that one of the major motivations for losing weight in America? Sigh. I hate people.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I can't even play devil's advocate on this one. Mother is a moron.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Let's face it, the mom is probably a simpleton whose only gratification in life is not emotional or intellectual, but physical, and the daughter is going to be the same...a moron. Let them be happy and get big old dumb boobies. Heck, at 14, maybe the girl will get lucky and be a late bloomer and her hooters will grow after the implants and get that nice double tit effect. While they are at it, she also might want to look into anal bleaching, but when she fools around with her new boyfriend after getting her new jugs, it would be pretty embarrassing to have a dark poop chute.
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    With parents like that, who needs enemies. Girl doesn't stand a chance.

This is another example of the American Dream gone nightmare.

-Debra
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I don't understand patents who WANT their daughters to be sexy and looked at by other men. I find that disgusting.
  • lour441
    Options
    With parents like that, who needs enemies. Girl doesn't stand a chance.

This is another example of the American Dream gone nightmare.

-Debra

They are from the UK. I wonder if socialized medicine is paying for it? :laugh:
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I don't understand patents who WANT their daughters to be sexy and looked at by other men. I find that disgusting.

I know and agree. Guilty of the same. Hasn't modern society in the western world set women up to be nothing but objects, still? We "say" we want to be respected as equals but then we >wink wink< bat our lashes, suffer through high heels, and use our wiles (in the corporate world that might look like going above and beyond for the boss, taking home work, etc.,not complaining when the raise we get is measley, and we don't talk back but laugh with when the same old wrong stereotypes are used against us). We look down our noses at people blatently flaunting the decoration aspect of womanhood but we may be a tad hypocritical. I'd argue that it's still a patriarchal world and, wittingly or unwittingly, we women more often than not still play by the rules of the "old boys" club. To do otherwise would make us seem too much like the "B" word.

-Debra
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I want to punch the mom in the throat for portraying her daughter as being in a "funny phase" for NOT wanting to get a boob job.

But I grew up with girls who had mothers like this ... the kind who think being attractive is the greatest thing a girl can achieve. Girls who grow up in that kind of environment almost always turn out to be really screwed up.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Unless it's reconstructive, I really don't even think things like this should be legal until the girl is 18 and can go ALONE and decide for herself.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    It's *kitten* like this that solidifies my opinion that you should have to apply to reproduce. If you're actually considering getting breast implants for your fourteen-year-old, you need to have your children taken away.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Why not wait 2-3 years, and let nature do that for her? Much cheaper.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    WTFO???
    Stay strong, Britney. You can escape in 4 years.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

I can....

How is this any different than allowing a circumcision to be done on your son?
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

I can....

Location?
  • k8blujay2
    Options

I can....

Location?

Possibly... there are people who believe that circumcising your son is mutilation... just as people believe that making a 14 year old get a boob job is mutilation... But yet one is still more widely accepted (though becoming less so).
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I can....

I would agree, other than they fact that this girl is still going through puberty and her body is going to change naturally....

Circumcision doesn't have the same effect.
  • lour441
    Options

I can....

Breast enhancement is for vanity. Circumcision is for health or religious reasons. Pretty big difference.
  • k8blujay2
    Options

I can....

Breast enhancement is for vanity. Circumcision is for health or religious reasons. Pretty big difference.

Not necessarily... circumcision, the way it is done today... is largely done for cosmetic reasons... parents will even use the reason of "so our son will look like daddy". The Jewish community that does circumcision by a rabbi doesn't do it the same way a doctor would... it is my understanding that Jewish circumcision is a much smaller procedure... not taking off the entire foreskin.

My argument is that "enhancing" a child's body out of vanity is done all the time... I'm just trying to point out a double standard. While one is more apparent than the other, it is still the same thing when you get down to it.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

I can....

I feel the need to note that I was raised in a Jewish household.

I don't see religious beliefs as an excuse for circumcision. Unless a baby is born with the health issues that would make keeping the foreskin unhealthy or uncomfortable, the surgical removal of foreskin for purely religious reasons falls under the vanity category, since it is not done out of concern for health.

Also, if boys are taught proper hygiene, keeping the foreskin isn't a health risk.
  • elmarko123
    elmarko123 Posts: 89
    Options

I can....

I feel the need to note that I was raised in a Jewish household.

I don't see religious beliefs as an excuse for circumcision. Unless a baby is born with the health issues that would make keeping the foreskin unhealthy or uncomfortable, the surgical removal of foreskin for purely religious reasons falls under the vanity category, since it is not done out of concern for health.

Also, if boys are taught proper hygiene, keeping the foreskin isn't a health risk.
    This tbh, can't disagree with any points here.

A child isn't old enough to make a decision (like a boob job or circumcision for them-self) & a parent doesn't have the right to mutilate them either.

In both cases neither should be allowed until they are 18.

I'm sure those in favour of circumcision are against female genital mutilation (which really does display a double standard) & before somebody (attemps) to harp on about the differences, both are done for religious reasons (except for a very few genuine health cases for male circumcision) & both cause a reduction in sensation in that area.

All posts like this tend to do is highlight peoples individual hypocrisy.