New too!

Options
Hi ladies,
I am new to My Fitness Pal and just looking for a little support. I have been overweight/obese all my life and lost 53lbs using Weight Watchers in 2006. I gained back about 35lbs and am trying to lose 30lbs by the end of the year. My husband is looking for a job as a firefighter and once he finds a job, we will start trying to have a baby. I'm hoping he will find one by the end of the year. I just want to be as healthy as possible and not end up 70lbs overweight after I have a baby. I joined the group. Hope that's ok!

Ashley

Replies

• jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

Good luck to you. I hope your husband finds a job soon! This isn't the most active of groups but you are certainly welcome!
  • RebeccaBabyGoal
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

I'm new too. My boyfriend and I will be getting married next summer and we will start trying right away. I'm overweight and have been my whole life. I'm also worried about gaining a ton of weight while pregnant and am also worried about being able to get pregnant. I'm older and I don't have that much time left to get things going. I don't want weight to get in my way. Best of luck on your journey!
  • molliepw
    molliepw Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just added you as a friend
  • molliepw
    molliepw Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I am looking for support and motivation from others on MFP. I need to lose about 15 pounds to get out of the obese range. Once I'm in that range, we are going to start trying while I am still working on losing weight.
    Right now i'm 5'8 and 219.
  • Nikocan
    Nikocan Posts: 95
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I had baby no 1 in 2010 and boy, I put on a million pounds. Fast forward to 2012 and I am still only a couple of pounds lighter than my pregnancy weight. Soon we wanna try for baby no:2 but I wanna make sure I lose atleast half of the weight from the first time before I do that. I don't want complications and I wanna be fit and healthy..and most importantly, I need to have the stamina and energy to raise my kids well.

Hope we can support each other in the journey.:):)

Niko