Have a Fruitful Monday ~ Roll Call

Options
SOem of you wrote to me privately about the challenge and that you are doing this. I think it's great but would be even GREATER if you would post in here so others can gain support from you all (and you can from each other). Plus, we can give each other ideas on ways to get in more fruits and veggies.

On the docket for me today, so far, Blueberries on my oatmeal with breakfast, a salad for lunch with organic spring mix, carrots, avocado, cranberries and walnuts and feta. Going to have sweet potato with dinner and still deciding on what veggie to go with it (having grilled chix breast).

OK....... come on peeps.... now it's up to you all. :) Today is the first day .... and remember to drink. It's hot out there.

Replies

• alcooper929
    alcooper929 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I had cranberries, probably as a child. I think I will make that another one of my goals to get some soon to eat during this fruit and veggie challenge. Any ideas on the best things to eat them with?

Today I had mixed steamed vegetables (carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower). I also had a banana, musk melon, strawberries, and spinach. I felt great today, never felt hungry.
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I had cranberries, probably as a child. I think I will make that another one of my goals to get some soon to eat during this fruit and veggie challenge. Any ideas on the best things to eat them with?

Today I had mixed steamed vegetables (carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower). I also had a banana, musk melon, strawberries, and spinach. I felt great today, never felt hungry.

That's awesome!! What's Musk Melon? I never heard of it.
    I love dried cranberries in salads with walnuts and feta cheese..... so good!
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Okay so:

breakfast - raspberries on cereal
    snack - smoothie with frozen blueberries & frozen mixed berries & half a banana
    lunch - baby carrots
    dinner - green peas & mixed veg - broccoli, cauli and I think there were a couple of other items (from frozen)

I think I hit the quota, but somehow - I don't feel like I eat enough veggies - especially raw/fresh. I love salads, hate making them and it just gets my appetite going! But I did sent hubby to our favourite farm for a head of lettuce which last ages longer than some of the store bought.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll make a salad to go with my lunch, I've got loads of tomatoes :)
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    Okay so:

breakfast - raspberries on cereal
    snack - smoothie with frozen blueberries & frozen mixed berries & half a banana
    lunch - baby carrots
    dinner - green peas & mixed veg - broccoli, cauli and I think there were a couple of other items (from frozen)

I think I hit the quota, but somehow - I don't feel like I eat enough veggies - especially raw/fresh. I love salads, hate making them and it just gets my appetite going! But I did sent hubby to our favourite farm for a head of lettuce which last ages longer than some of the store bought.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll make a salad to go with my lunch, I've got loads of tomatoes :)

Moving towards the salad is a great idea. Make sure to use dressing or a little olive oil. People make the mistake of using no dressing or fat free dressing. You need some fat in order to absorb the nutrients in the vegetables. But.... not tooo much!! :)
  • alcooper929
    alcooper929 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Musk Melon is just another name for Cantaloupe.