Hello all!

Options
Hmmm not sure how much a posting group will help but its always nice to meet others. I am male and 35. I got my graduate degree from NTID, and working on my PhD now at Syracuse University. All my life my weight and musculature has been way up and way down... seriously from Popeye to Humpty Dumpty. On my way back to Popeye. Hopefully we can support each other. Too bad this site doesn't have a VP setting! We could be on the treadmill "GO, GO , GO"

Replies

• rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    GO GO GO!!!!!!!

Wow, 20 pounds lost huh!?!? How do you do that?
  • kaajay
    kaajay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    GO GO GO!!!!!!!

Wow, 20 pounds lost huh!?!? How do you do that?

I'd like to know the secret too! Since it appears the join date was just last month. :D
  • vinstevel
    Options
    You are welcome to friend me to look at my diary. A lot of it is that I have not really seen anyone this summer. I go to work and I come home. This means no temptation and lots of time to exercise. Hmm what else have I done? I have tried to keep my eating to about 1300-1400 calories a day regardless of how much I exercise. I have refrained mostly from going out to eat. Rather than eat meals, I eat when I am hungry, and only eat 1 thing. I then have much more control and can eat 5-8 times a day! I have been lifting hard, so have been drinking a protein shake, and while I question the muscular benefit, I think all that protein is quelling my hunger as well as is giving me a dairy serving. Finally, when I am feeling hungry or need something sweet, I bought a chewable fiber supplement. It actually hits the spot. I recommend the weight loss strawberry name brand. I just bought the assorted fruit walmart brand, and the flavors are good, but it is much more chalky. Life changes next week with moving and starting my dissertation etc, so we will see if it holds.
  • vinstevel
    Options
    My face pics over the 10 weeks I have been on here. Beginning, middle, and present. Oh also forgot to mention that I used jefit app on my phone to track my exercise rather than here (strength training exercise that is)

c9f8a4b0.jpg

50212c9d.jpg

b1165609.jpg
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Very cool but where are the ab shots?!?! Is the beer belly melting away? :-)
  • Thedreamer1985
    Thedreamer1985 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow i could really see the difference way to go!
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    great job!(: