Introduce yourself and let's see why you are here!

Options

Replies

• MMarais
    Options
    Hi
    I joined MVP over a year ago but only discovered the community this weekend. I've taken up cycling and decided to start using MVP to track my progress. Have taken the bike out twice this weekend and though I have a long road ahead of me I'm quite excited about giving it a go. The large capital outlay will of course be a great motivater :happy:

I love the idea of having some accountability and hope to stay motivated.
    Anyone who wants to add me feel free. I can use all the help I can get.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Nice to have some South africans here!
    I joined the site about 2 weeks ago, from Johannesburg, here to lose weight and feel great!

I am attempting Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, have only lost 1kg, but 11cms off all round in last weeks weigh in :)

Feel free to add me, need some support!

Charissa
  • myjoy2012
    myjoy2012 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi All

I am a 28 wife, mother of 1 and I work in IT. I have been on the site before and lost some weight (I lost some even prior to joining the site). I went from 88kgs to 81.3kgs. But I stopped I dont know why I just did. Stopped going to gym, stopped eating well. And I gained some of the weight back :(

I am now at 84.1kgs and that is not good. I have joined weigh-less with the hope that being weighed daily in a group setting would be motivation enough and I need the support. I will start going to gym again next week.

I have all sorts of work out dvds, Jillian Michaels, Zumba, Taebo but I just cant bring myself to work out. I need help!!
  • FranKatja
    FranKatja Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I'm 21 and currently an under-graduate student at Rhodes . Nice to see a SA group here!
  • Carbcounteronly
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I am 22 years old living in the beautiful bush of Hoedspruit, Limpopo! Nature is my gym - LOVE the life here! South Africa really is the best place in the world :-)

Feel free to add me! Just send a message too so I know :-)

All the best!
    Jac
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A big hearty welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi Lessfatmatt,

You live my in my favourite country in the world.

I only support Crusaders and the AB's.

Could we swop?

Kim
  • Carbcounteronly
    Options
    Wow! I lived in NZ for 12 years :-D Small world - seems we have swapped! :-)
  • SistaBlisser
    SistaBlisser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a 31 year old mum of one from Joburg. I found the app while doing some research I'm really excited and hoping it will help me shift the 10 Kgs I'd like to lose hopefully by feb. I have such a busy life so I was really attracted to the fact it's on my phone. Enjoying it so far. Feel free to friend me :) siyabonga
  • GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am a 41 year old married dad from Cape Town. When I was 39 I weighed 118kgs and set a goal to be under 100kgs by the time I turned 40. Through Calorie Counting (at that stage I used calorie.count.com) and starting the Couch to 5K running programme, I manage to reach my goal. (On my birthday 3 Jan 2012, I was 98kgs.) I managed to lose another kilogram before I slowly started piling some back on over the past year. I kept up the running, but slacked in the eating department (which goes to prove, "you can't outrun a bad diet.") So, fortunately I stopped the rot when I had gone back up to 107kgs and am now re-dedicating myself to get back under 100kgs - and indeed aim for under 95kgs!

Would love the support and encouragement of everyone else on this site!

Good luck to all of you guys also - lets make 2013 the year when WE LOSE IT!
  • zandria1
    zandria1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hey all : ) Im Zandria I live in Pretoriia and started being healthy in Aug/sept last year... I already dropped 9kg yay!
    so glad to have found everybody!
  • GMorrisUK
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! Thats good going. Good luck with the rest. How much more do you want to lose?

I still have about 6 to lose before I am back where I was in Jan 2012, but then I still want to lose another 5-10kgs after that. So I still have a 'weigh' to go. But 2013 is going to be the year!

We need more South Africans on these forums....
  • CalvinLosingIt
    CalvinLosingIt Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Calvin, currently at university. I am obviously hare to lose weight. Having reached a weight of 134kg a decided to change there and then. 8Kg in counting :smile: . I just want to feel better about myself, and it does not help when I go to campus and everybody is so fit. I have always been overweight but that is a thing of the past.
  • myjoy2012
    myjoy2012 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Hope you achieve your goals
  • lilee337
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Lee and I just found this website. I'm really excited to work on my goal of getting in shape and losing weight before entering the working world next year. I am currently at the heaviest that I've ever been (80kg) and I'm really not happy for allowing that to happen. I need a change...
  • pgfatty
    pgfatty Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hi all

glad to meet my fellow south africans :flowerforyou:

i have 20 kgs to loose .

struggling a bit but hoping for some motivation and tips from u

thanks
  • jessjayjenk
    jessjayjenk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey all you beautiful people. My name is Jess, I currently live in Pretoria, but Ballito (just north of Durban) is my hometown. I'm 23 and have 25kgs to lose. I'm loving MFP and I hope that some of you will friend me so that we can support each other. I'm absolutely addicted to MFP so I'm always commenting and encouraging my MFP pals. Friend me if you'd like that little annoying life coach on your shoulder who keeps telling you you're doing great and keep going. My motto is "Motivation and Dedication". PS I <3 SA! See you all on the flip side and keep motivated and dedicated to your goals :-)
  • Puerulus
    Puerulus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Lizelle and I love that there is a SA group on here. I am so excited to be starting my weight loss journey. I have to lose 20kg - so might take a while. But I have started exercising, the Herbalife programme and cutting out unhealthy foods. I suppose its one step (read 10km run) at a time...
  • GMorrisUK
    Options
    Welcome Lizelle!

Yes, there are a number of us SAFAS on here. Good luck with your journey and feel free to add as friends or ask if there is anything that we can help with - we are all here to support one another.
    Hello! My name is Lizelle and I love that there is a SA group on here. I am so excited to be starting my weight loss journey. I have to lose 20kg - so might take a while. But I have started exercising, the Herbalife programme and cutting out unhealthy foods. I suppose its one step (read 10km run) at a time...
  • marykeblom
    Options
    Hey guys, for the first time today i thought i'd look up if there are any South Africans on the site... :D I've been a member for probably over 3 years now. I started when we were living in the UK, we're back in SA for now. But i'm still on my journey. Please add me.

:) looking forward to making friends :)

Maryke