Tuesday!! Who's in the Challenge?

Options
Had my usual fresh berries on my oats this morning and will have a fresh salad with lots of veggies and topped with chicken left from last night, for lunch. I don't know about dinner but am up for suggestions. But, it's gotta be easy because i am teaching Spin after work and have to throw together dinner after class. :)

How about a salad challenge for tomorrow? Let's all try to have at least one salad tomorrow. :)

Replies

• alcooper929
    alcooper929 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: I enjoyed an apple with my oatmeal
    Lunch: I ate fresh strawberries, and carrots with my tuna fish sandwich.
    Snack: I ate celery and peanut butter
    Dinner: I had a bowl of mixed frozen fruit (Berries) and mixed frozen vegetables (Brocolli, Caluflower and carrots) along with a chicken breast
  • alcooper929
    alcooper929 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As a child my mom only bought iceberg lettuce and thats how I enjoyed my salad with some bacon bits and ranch dressing on top but I know that has no nutritional value in it at all. I have tried eating spinach leaves but didn't like it at all, which is crazy because I eat cooked spinach often. Does anyone have any other suggestions to how to make a salad that is not only nutritious but one that I might also enjoy?
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    As a child my mom only bought iceberg lettuce and thats how I enjoyed my salad with some bacon bits and ranch dressing on top but I know that has no nutritional value in it at all. I have tried eating spinach leaves but didn't like it at all, which is crazy because I eat cooked spinach often. Does anyone have any other suggestions to how to make a salad that is not only nutritious but one that I might also enjoy?

Try Romaine or Cos lettuce. You can even mix some iceburg with Romaine and even toss in a little baby spinach. You'll find that it will actually get fun as you get more and more creative. I make a mexican salad by mixing in avocado, and sometimes a bit of corn and sometimes I'll put some chicken on top and some black beans. I use about a tablespoon of salsa instead of dressing and have some multigrain tortilla chips on the side. Oh, and don't forget a little shredded cheese on top. :)

If you are on Facebook, you can find me on there, if you like: Helice Gillis in North Attleboro, MA. and I have set up a group/page for Healthy eating and lots of people post cool pics and ideas. You might find it helpful. :)
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    okay mega day for me - huge salad at lunch - fresh, raw!!! I won't detail it - my diary is open - have at it!

woo hoo - proud of myself :)