SDCC 2012 pics and stuff

lacroyx
lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
Hi Squids! Like a n00b I forgot my camera. Luckily my friend had her cel camera.
This may look familiar to some *coughZOMBIECHASERcough*^_^
2012-07-11201114.jpg
2012-07-11201013.jpg
I'll post more tomorrow.

Replies

• ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    OMG MAH CAR!!!!!!

Vroom vroom *zombie squish*

Damn I'm so jealous!!!!! How was it? Did it still have that new car-of-death smell?
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 221 Member
    Did it still have that new car-of-death smell?
    It smelled like awesome, I'm sure.
  • mkohley
    mkohley Posts: 5
    That's awesome you got to check that out in person, I've seen some of the ads about the design... .But, I'm going to be "that" guy... in the occurrence of a zombie outbreak I'm breaking into the nearest state or county highway department and stealing a dump truck with a V plow. :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    You forgot your camera!? How are we all supposed to live vicariously through you if you forget your camera? So inconsiderate of you :wink:
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    What a teaser!!
  • lacroyx
    Yes, yes it did. Even had machete holders in place of cup holders inside the car.
    Right now waiting patiently for the Firefly panel to start.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Yes, yes it did. Even had machete holders in place of cup holders inside the car.
    Right now waiting patiently for the Firefly panel to start.

AAHHHHH!!! That's brilliant!

Please pinch Nathan Filion's butt for me... and don't wash your hand, mkay? j/k :) So happy for you!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    For SDCC 2013 we should do a geek squid meet up. That would be awesome. Everyone start saving money now.
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    For SDCC 2013 we should do a geek squid meet up. That would be awesome. Everyone start saving money now.

I'd love to go to SDCC, but it doesn't look like it will work out in my favor anytime soon. I should however be at NYCC again this year :drinker:
  • lacroyx
    Pics from Firefly Panel @ SDCC 2012. Unfortunately no Kaylee, Zoe or Shepherd.
    BC1.jpg
    bc2.jpg
    bc3.jpg
    bc4.jpg
    bc5.jpg
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Totes jels.

I'm aiming for SDCC 2014 myself. I should be in better physical and financial shape by then.
  • lacroyx
    more pics!
    2012-07-11195038.jpg

Friend wanted to go to the Robotech panel. It's pretty popular so and we arrived early and caught a panel for the Batmobile documentary. It will be on the Dark Knight Rises as a DVD/Bluray extra bonus feature. (yes I know, the movie just came out and they already are talking about DVD extras for it) . All of the guys that have designed the Batmobile for the tv show and movies were there including this guy : bm1.jpg Interesting tidbit I learned. The car was a Ford concept car that he bought for 1$. He was given 15 days and only 15K$ to design and build the Batmobile for the 60's Batman tv show. The most current Batmobile from the Dark Knight trilogy had a budget of 4M$ and many months to design and build.

from the Legend of Korra Avatar panel that was before the Firefly panel. Apparently there was other voice actors and people from the show there but I didn't notice them >.>
    IMG_0449.jpg

True Blood Panel
    IMG_0532.jpg
    during the Q&A part of the panel a fan asked Jason Stackhouse a.k.a. Ryan Kwaten to perform a handstand
    481361-ryan-kwaten-comic-con-2012.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg
    Alcide started to teasefully strip and the ladies went crazy. Sorry squids, my camera skills are -2. I wasn't quick enough to get any >.>
    He also started to do some body rolls like in Magic Mike movie and I lost my hearing for a good minute. Then Alan Ball, the guy responsible for turning the books into a tv show, got jelly and did some rolls himself. 610x_283129.jpg
    to which Alcide responded with getting up, walking over and dropping some bills to him.
    Alexander2BSkarsgaard2Bhit2Bshow2BTrue2BBlood2Bseen2BkkTOTyd7Jiel.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    nothing much was really spoiled. Alan Ball is stepping down as the head guy for the show and someone else will be taking over for the next season. I believe he is semi-retiring. Also expect lots of naughty things later in the season. They hinted at Eric and another guy doing some hot scenes in later episodes.
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    I :heart: True Blood! Haven't been able to watch the last 2 episodes from last season or any of this season :sad:
  • lacroyx
    I didn't get many cosplay pics as I wanted too. I instead had tons of standing in line for things. SDCC is notorious for long lines. If you want to see panels, celeberties, that sorta thing you have to line up early and wait. Wait and wait and wait and.......

anyways >.>
    cosplay pics!
    IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg
  • lacroyx
    cosplay cont.
    IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg