I say you must walk the PLANK...ARGH! (Challenge)

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey how many of you do PLANKS? Every tried it? What is the longest you can go?
Well, if experience add another 20 seconds! If new start with about 20 seconds and add 10 seconds on a week later. Do at the beginning or end of workout today!

Replies

• briemichel
    briemichel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do planks, I hold for 20 seconds so I will up it to 40 today. Ouch
  • Wendy595
    Wendy595 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've never done planks. Mostly cause I used to think I couldn't. So i am definitely going to work on it!
  • Darkesthuntress
    Darkesthuntress Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of walking planks and am very interested in trying this. so i accept the challenge and will report tomorrow how it turned out. thanks.
  • julistehr
    julistehr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I did a brutal plank in my first TRX class today. Wow am I going to be sore!
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have never done a plank... but have been hearing a lot about them lately and this gives me the perfect reason to try. Challenge accepted, will let you know how it went later.

~m
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have done planks before. Planks are in the workout I do, 20 Second Fitness. Usually on the day planks are done it is two planks holding for 20 seconds each. How many planks are we to do? If I do not hear from you I will do two and try to hold longer than my usual 20 seconds. I agree, ouch! :laugh:
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hello. You said to post how well we did with the planks, well I did two holding for 40 seconds each. I tried to reply from my phone last night to let you all know but obviously it did not work. At any rate, I feel I should have done more because I did not get to the point of failure. I did however have some distractions while in plank position. My dog Beauty thought I needed encouragement and was showering me with kisses. But I held on, I wobbled, laughed and was grossed out but I did not collapse. Are there any challenges for today?