Introducing...me

Options
I just found this group. It's nice to see an established Crossfit group here on MFP.

I've been crossfitting for about a year now, off and on (3 months off for some major back pain, 1 month off for broken toe). I have 2 bulged discs that interfere with my goal of being able to deadlift twice my body weight but their under control now (yay anti-inflammatories).

I've loved Crossfit so much that I competed in a competition here in Florida about 6 weeks ago. I'm signed up for another competition in October.

I developed an Android app for tracking Crossfit WODs and Personal Records. It's called "WOD Tracker Pro" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acedanger.wodtracker.pro). I've been developing a web app for tracking the same information. Anybody can register on the site and track their info, although the Android app is a paid app. Check it out at http://my.wodtracker.net. The website works on your mobile device too, so if you don't have an Android, you can still track your info.

I've personally found it useful tracking that information and being able to see my progress. (Note that there aren't any pretty graphs or anything like that...yet). The website is currently being developed so new functionality is going to be added there.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the group, even if it's mostly as a lurker.

Happy Crossfitting!!

Replies

• ardavis23
    ardavis23 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just found this site as well! Dont mean to itroduce myself on your page, but at the same time I would also like to say hello!

I have only been doing Crossfit for about 4 months now! I am in LOVE with it! I dont know why I didnt start earlier!
    I hope to start competing in local competitions within the next year!

Thank you to who ever put this group together!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    WOW - that's awesome Ace! I'll definitely take a look at your app - any plans for an iphone app?

welcome Ardavis!
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That's too funny, another CrossFitter that is on here was just asking about android aps this morning! We'll have to send her your way.

Welcome to both of you!
  • acedanger49
    Options
    WOW - that's awesome Ace! I'll definitely take a look at your app - any plans for an iphone app?

There is an iPhone version in the works actually. It's been delayed, due to life things :) but it's definitely coming.
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to download that! Thanks!
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    welcome welcome! the more the merrier!!