Newbie - Ready to Become a Loser

Options
Aloha,
My name is Khloe, and I'm new here. I'm not exactly what I'm doing but I'm slowly & surely figuring it out. I'm a 25 year old wife & mama, and am determined to get health and in shape. I gained a lot of weight (like 70+) during my first pregnancy and my weight has spiraled out of control. I'm now sitting around 371 and am looking to get down to 150 to 170 lbs. I know it can be done. I'm just afraid that the time it will take me to get there will be a very long, discouraging process.

I'm done with dieting. I've dieted myself up to the weight I currently am. I figure that the best way for me to get to my goal is to do things the traditional way; by cutting my calories and increasing my activity. Right now my main goal is to get rid of the health problems my weight gain has caused, like hypertension and GERD. Anyone else have these problems?

Anyhoo, I just wanted to introduce myself. If you'd like to be friends, feel free to add me. We could all use the encouragement and accountability. :)

Replies

• missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi Khloe! Welcome. =)
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Welcome Khloe! If there's one thing I've learned here and have seen time and time again (from other VERY SUCCESSFUL) MFPers is that this is a marathon and not a sprint. If you really want to get there you will! I started at 430 just over 3 months again and today I weighed in at 385. You CAN do it! Take advantage of the great people on here! We're all in the same boat and go through the same discouraging moments and set backs.

Feel free to add me if you want! I'm all about supporting others!
  • sunnycalif
    Options
    Hi, Welcome! I'm also a newcomer in my first week & I feel exactly like you do. I'd love to be your friend and go through this journey with you... ~Valerie