Cool head...Friday Challenge

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Okay, in lieu of the hot hot hot weather....I think of Popsicles. So, do you still buy them or make them or has anyone tried to make a healthier version of them??? I believe it is possible. I just don't want all the excess sugar. I want real fruit in mine!
I make my own slushies and smoothies but I have not yet made popsicles! Who dares to try since the weekend is coming?

Besides the ice cream truck how do you keep yourself/kids cool in a healthy way? Challenge we must teach them healthy ways so they don't struggle as they grow up!

Replies

• AmberMahfouz
    AmberMahfouz Posts: 316
    Options
    I know this isn't exactly the same, but I really like to put fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, lemon slices) in my ice tray and then freeze and add to my water or lemonade. It's fun and tastes great.

Also, as weird as this is, I am addicted to making pickle pops from pickle juice. Just I dilute with a little water first.

Happy Friday!
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I would think using Crystal Light would make a good popsicle. Trop50 OJ with fresh or frozen strawberries or pineapple blended up and frozen would be tasty too.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I take melon, pineapple, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, or any kind of yummy friut a little bit of water and throw it into my magic bullet blender and then freeze them, I have 2 packs in my freezer now :smile:

I also bought the popsicle packs at the 99cent store!
  • nmb1983
    nmb1983 Posts: 34
    Options
    Why couldn't you take your smoothie and pour it into Popsicle molds (or whatever you use) and make Smoothie Pops? I've never done it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
  • sambugjoebear
    sambugjoebear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like the Eddy's No Sugar Added Real Fruit Pops. They come in variety packs or single flavor boxes. My kids really enjoy them too- they never last long here :)

A really easy recipe for popsicles that I've seen recently: place any kind or variety of sliced fruit into popsicle molds. Pour a Capri pouch on top of fruit (to fill mold) and then freeze. You could use the Caprisun Waters too I imagine.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Okay, Wonder Woman is loving all of my amazing warrior princesses!!!!! YOU guys rock!!!!!! I love all the ideas! I am pumped up now! See why challenges are fun bc we inspire each other! I am going to try the flavored ice cubes and the (duh I feel stupid) putting my smoothies in mold and freeze or a paper cup. Sweet!!!!!!!!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am a flavored coffee lover. Michigan Cherry made by Biggby is really delicious and has a delightful aroma. I think I will make coffee pops. I will have to use my jello molds. They are in shapes of matchbox cars and pyamids, this should be interesting. Awe, I am bummed just looked no flavored coffee left, instead I will use Lipton Orange Passion Fruit Tea. Oh by the way another thing you could do with your pops is add them to your water, tea, punches... For instance, pink lemonade tastes delicious with frozen pink lenonde pops with raspberries or strawberries frozen in the pops. You are only limited to your imagination. Have fun with your creations.