Low Calorie Gluten free bread

Options
I am desperately seeking gluten free bread that is low calorie (many are high calorie as they have rice flour and oil). I can't have soy flour either. Anyone have any suggestions? I tried the one by Julian's bakery and well it falls apart and is sooo dense. The guy at the store recommend that if I keep it frozen I can use it as a weapon ;-)

I am open to attempting to bake my own bread (without a bread machine) but wondering if anyone has had any success. I really appreciate any help you guys can give me. It seems like i am not "allergic" but just sensitive (it makes me ridiculously sleepy).

Replies

• gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Look up Udi's or Schar's to see if they fit your needs. I think they both make a bread where a slice is either 70 or 80 calories. My mistake is that I love butter.

Good luck.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    The problem is, there isn't one. Welll, Udi's one slice 75 calories. No fiber though. and the slice is really small, but it tastes good. I've been looking for years. Good luck baking. You'll have to use eggs and Xantham gum to get the bread to work. Experiment. I use corn flour a lot, rice flour is very delicate.