how do you log insanity?

Options
how do you log when you do insanity on this fitnesspal? all i found was jumping jacks lol

Replies

• jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM. Before that, I was using High Impact Aerobics but it was higher than my actual burn.
  • shawnknott76
    Options
    I don't have a hrm, but I plug it into myfitnesspal as circuit training. It's just to give you an idea, it could be more or less depending how hard you push yourself really.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and create the exercises and plug in the numbers when done. Next best thing to sliced bread and a microwave! lol

Erica
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You can create your own workouts just like food however you need a HRM. Like yesterday. MFP over estimates my burn by sometimes 50%. Get a HRM.
  • idriven7
    idriven7 Posts: 24
    Options
    I've also had some issues with this. And I also just categorized it as "Aerobics, High Impact" and for Cardio Recovery "Aerobics, General Impact" not sure how accurate it is.

What's a good HRM to buy, and where can I buy it? Also are the HRM accurate at local Gyms? Apparently I max out the machines saying my HR is 180-197.

Thanks In Advance!
  • munty76
    munty76 Posts: 47
    Options
    I use a HRM from Polar. Iv read that in general most hrms can be 30% inaccurate and also there is debate on whether you subtract your rmr for that period of time that you log..

i.e if hrm says you have burnt 130 calories for 30mins , then in my case, i would subtract 30calories for my rmr which would give me a total of 100 actual calories burnt on top of my rmr. Iv also calibrated my hrm using another thread on this forum

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/620206-spreadsheet-for-bmr-tdee-deficit-calcs-mfp-tweaks-hrm

Id like to other peopls thoughts on this....
  • celenacountdown
    Options
    I really don't log my excercize in MFP just for the fact that I I don't eat bak my calories I burned I don't want to put down more calories n then be saying okay well I still have this many so I can eat something extra I just eat my calories I already have on the beginning calculated
  • lundii
    lundii Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I used a HRM and created a new exercise to log it.
    Have a look at my diary... there you can find it.