The Life After Juice Feasting/Fasting/Cleansing :P

Options
13inchestogo
13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
:smile: I am on a juicing journey!

Today is day 4 and I feel great! Happy! Excited! Healthy! BUT... to be honest I am a little scared to break the juicing cleanse and go onto whole foods. Does anyone have a story to share about how they went about breaking the 'fast' and how they are doing presently after they had done a juice fast? Any tips for maintaing that feeling of health you have while on the juice cleanse? And maintaining your inches and pounds lost? :flowerforyou:

(I know weight loss isnt the point of this but I would be lying if I said I wasn't fearing the extra pounds piling back on once I am done)

Replies

• 13inchestogo
    Options
    Anybody out there??
  • 13inchestogo
    Options
    Nope apparently not lol
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I did a juice fast for about a week in February. I loved how I wasn't hungry and that I had good energy. I did eat small amounts of veggies at dinner time with my family. I broke the fast when my family went to Disneyland. I didn't have a problem readjusting to 'regular' food, although I have had mostly a plant-based lifestyle since then, which is great. My cravings changed away from processed foods and sweets toward healthy whole foods (my diary will reveal that I still eat processed foods and sweets, but believe me it is much less). I still have juice most mornings and I am super happy that I discovered the benefits of freshly juiced produce. Now as often as not, I am finding myself craving the whole food so I just eat the tomatos, greens, cucumbers, or fruit a lot of time but to me, starting with the juice fast is what led to my change for the better. I have lost weight, my shape has changed, my clothes fit better and i can wear smaller sizes, but I find I do best in that regard when I regularly do exercise like Jillian Michaels DVDs. Since it is summer and my kids are out of school, I have slacked on the DVDs but I have done more camping and hiking and now I am overhauling and painting two bedrooms. Anyway, best wishes on your healthy journey!
  • 13inchestogo
    Options
    :happy: Thank you for the reply!
    That's great you have maintained your healthy ways after your juicing cleanse ended, and kept up the juicing! That's one thing I may not do as often, unless I get a much better juicer that is, I was thinking one of the omega ones... Okay well that's good you didnt have problems adjusting, that is my biggest worry. I want to start back into raw (as much as possible, still got a lot to learn) foods. The juice has just made me feel so vibrant and content with myself, not to mention the weight loss and skin benefits! Woo hoo! I wanna keep that going!!

Yes I am finding this is a great catapault into the truly healthy life as well, definitely something I would do maybe once twice every year just to reboot, :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • consrvtvmom
    consrvtvmom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just received my juicer. I am trying to wean things out of my diet this week and then plan on starting on Monday. Any suggestions are appreciated. I need to do something.
    I hope this works for my husband and me. I removed gluten from my diet today. I had been gluten free for many many months and went back in the last two months. I feel better gluten free.
    I have been off of Pepsi (my coffee/tea) for a week now and I am excited about being able to kick some of the bad habits I have.
    Has anyone had any negative effects in the bathroom department? I know that is personal, but I am a little nervous about this part of the juicing.
    Thanks
  • Leavingthecity
    Options
    I just received my juicer. I am trying to wean things out of my diet this week and then plan on starting on Monday. Any suggestions are appreciated. I need to do something.
    I hope this works for my husband and me. I removed gluten from my diet today. I had been gluten free for many many months and went back in the last two months. I feel better gluten free.
    I have been off of Pepsi (my coffee/tea) for a week now and I am excited about being able to kick some of the bad habits I have.
    Has anyone had any negative effects in the bathroom department? I know that is personal, but I am a little nervous about this part of the juicing.
    Thanks

Good for you cutting out pepsi. I used to be a cup of coffee in the AM and at least one diet coke during the day girl, but I haven't had either since I started my reboot and honestly, I don't miss it. I can't even remember what coke tastes like at this point.

As for the bathroom- nothing scary, lol! I'm more regular now with all of the water and veggies I'm eating/drinking. Just make sure you drink plenty of water! Especially if you're doing one of the plans (like the 15 day classic) because you'll still be taking in food, so you really need that water to keep things moving.
  • byronguy74
    Options
    I have been pretty successful at keeping the weight off and maintaining my shape after I started eating regularly again. I did the juice fast for about a week and continued replacing my lunch with juice for a couple of months. I have been slacking off lately but I am still trying to eat relatively healthy food. If you start eating like you were before you stared the juice journey you will gain your weight back but if you use the juice as a starting point of changing your diet and lifestyle you can maintain it.

Before I started the fast:
    387815_299953783370675_1058866636_n.jpg

A week or so ago (different suit, the suit I was wearing the in the above picture is WAY to big for me now):
    255361_454190674613651_1449631602_n.jpg
  • 13inchestogo
    Options
    I have been pretty successful at keeping the weight off and maintaining my shape after I started eating regularly again. I did the juice fast for about a week and continued replacing my lunch with juice for a couple of months. I have been slacking off lately but I am still trying to eat relatively healthy food. If you start eating like you were before you stared the juice journey you will gain your weight back but if you use the juice as a starting point of changing your diet and lifestyle you can maintain it.

Before I started the fast:
    387815_299953783370675_1058866636_n.jpg

A week or so ago (different suit, the suit I was wearing the in the above picture is WAY to big for me now):
    255361_454190674613651_1449631602_n.jpg

WOW!! After a week you look amazing! Congrats!!! Yeah I am going to do another juicing this Sept, I went to my Naturopath and she loved the effects the first one had on me and wants me to go ahead and do another, quite excited LOVE juicing :happy:
  • byronguy74
    Options
    Maybe I should have been a little more specific - those pictures were not a week apart! The first picture was from before I started the juice fast and the other was a couple of months after I did the fast. It was to show that you can keep up with (and improve upon) the changes you will see when you do a juice fast.

When I was doing the fast (for 11 days) I lost, on average, about 2 pounds a day. After I completed the fast I ate a sensible dinner every night and replaced other meals with juice and continued to lose about .5 - 1 pound per day. I did that for a couple of months and have since started eating pretty regularly. I have put on a couple of pounds since I have been eating regularly but overall I have been doing pretty good about keeping it off. That being said, I am going to start another fast in the next few weeks to get some forward progress going before the holidays get here.

On a slightly different note - my overall health has greatly improved! Before I started my journey my blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels were VERY high. I had blood work done last week and nearly everything is back in normal ranges - my cholesterol is still a little high but it is still coming down. I was suffering from sleep apnea and had to use s cpap machine to get a good nights rest and make it through the day without falling asleep, I have not used the machine in several months with virtually no side effects. All without any medicine, just a change of lifestyle and diet.
  • 13inchestogo
    Options
    Wow good for you! Those are some awesome benefits you have created for yourself! Yeah juicing is a pretty nice break for the body :) !!!!! Glad to hear! I am starting another 7 day juice cleanse on the 6th to the 13th on reccomendation from my naturopath because of all the postive effects she saw with my last one.