Has anyone tried the Low GI (Glycemic Index) Diet?

Options
kenzietate
kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
I have been reading a lot about how low carb diets can be bad for you if used over a long period of time. So I have been trying to do a low GI diet instead. I have been eating carbs but only whole grain and slow release carbs. My weight loss has slowed down to about 2 lbs a week instead of 3-4 but I feel much better and am not having the cravings like I was when I was cutting as many carbs as possible. It also seems to be something I can stick to over a life time rather than going back and forth from low carb diet to not dieting. I just don't feel that I could stick to the low carb thing forever...I love my bread too much lol.

I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this and did or didn't have any success? Also, if anyone has had success how did you go about it? I am still confused as to how to fully take advantage of the low GI system.

Replies

• Xenastrah
    Xenastrah Posts: 36
    Options
    I am still a way off of my goal yet, but I am currently living a Low GI lifestyle. In 6 weeks I have lost 22lbs. My starting weight was 282.8lbs. The Low GI is great for my PCOS but also great for my husband who is diabetic. I felt like it was worth a try and so far I have no complaints. :o)

ETA: I picked up a book on the Low GI which has recipes and all the info you need. It is called: GI basics, by Helen Foster. Awesome book when following a Low GI diet.
  • lexif14
    lexif14 Posts: 23
    Options
    I've been doing a low GI diet for a few years now I've had a few times where I don't so much fall off the bandwagon but leap headfirst into a bowl of spaghetti but overall its a great diet and I generally enjoy it. My partner and I are now going a little further and cutting out dairy and non organic sugar which should make life interesting but its been about 2 weeks now and so far so good