HRM during obstacle race?

Options
NoxDineen
NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
Does anybody wear their HRM during these races? My FT7 is waterproof and the Ontario Warrior Dash course looks mud-free. I'm really tempted to wear it but I'd like to know if others have done it and how that worked out for you.

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I wore mine for a race, and had no issues.
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I wore mine for the Hero Rush (5K non-muddy obstacle course) and taped the sensor onto the band and didn't have issues. I have never worn it for any of the mud runs I have done though. I usually don't wear a shirt on those and the band would likely get caught up on too many things. Not to mention how nasty it would be afterwards. Haha.
  • NoxDineen
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'll give it a try. Taping the sensor on is a great suggestion. :)
  • NoxDineen
    Options
    Turns out no mud pits on the map actually meant "hey guys, there are so many mud pits we didn't bother to draw them all!"

My brand new FT7 didn't take it well. On the bright side, two months ago I couldn't run half a km, today I survived my first adventure race and came out excited for the next one!
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congrats about finishing your first adventure race...they're addictive. :)

Sorry about your FT7, I hope it still works. I wore mine yesterday being pulled on the tube at the lake and it lived.
  • lyxus
    lyxus Posts: 85
    Options
    I did a Spartan Race Sprint and Spartan Beat with it.
    Be careful with the heart monitor because it can pop easily. It did for both races