Welcome Sisters!

Options
etxgal
etxgal Posts: 11 Member
Hello my lovely girls of Alpha Phi! Welcome to our group.

I am fairly new to MFP, but am hopeful that this app will help me be more aware of my eating habits and be more healthy in my choices. I am also using Skimble to help me in exercise planning, so feel free to download or use that app as well via smartphone or website and I can help support you there as well.

A little about me..... I am 42 years old and live near Denton, TX. I am a alumnae from the Delta Beta chapter which is at TX A&M - Commerce (formerly East Texas State University) located in Commerce, TX. I pledged/initiated in Spring 1989 and have never regretted my choice. A group of ladies from my era from my chapter join together during the summer for a long weekend which we call Camp APhi (really more GLAMPING - camping glamoursly the last few years...LOL). This June we did a 3night/4 day trip to a lake near Austin and gathered in an almost 5000 sq ft house with a pool.... all 20 of us!

As far as my journey.....I am 5'7" and was in my 120-130's all of high school/college wearing a size 8-10. I have always been "big boned" and a little curvy, so never ever will I be a size 2! At my highest weight I have been 258, but am currently around 233. I suffer from several auto-immune diseases and other issues which loosing weight a little more tricky. That and my passion for food (not a picky eater at all and just love food in general) means I have to try extra hard. But I am up for the challenge and with my sisters in my corner it just puts me ahead of the game.

Thanks for joining me here and feel free to post your story or other discussion threads. AOE to you all!! :heart:

Replies

• mollydollyk
    mollydollyk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am Molly, Beta Theta Chapter – University of British Columbia, initiated in ‘02. I was so happy to see an APhi group on here, but surely there are more of us….I hope people still check this group, it seems like it’s been quiet lately.

I’ve used MFP for a while but the last few months have been crazy and the habit of logging has gotten away from me. Now that things are calming down I am rebuilding the habit and working towards taking off the pounds that have come on from stress.

I lost over 30 pounds and was in great shape in 2010. I kept the weight off for a year and a half. Then when I took a new job, moved to San Francisco, had my fiancés brother move in with us, and the new job went crazy, things really fell apart and all the weight has come back. There has been so many life changes since I lost weight last that getting back on board with healthy habits has been tough. But I am taking it slowly this time, giving myself time to go at the right pace, and taking a step in the right direction each day.

I know with sisters encouragement I’ll get to my goal.

AOE!