exercise calories from horse related activities

grumpers
grumpers Posts: 46 Member
I am never quite sure about these in the data base, but it is nice they are in there. Sometimes I don't feel as if I am actually earning all of them, however, because it doesn't seem "hard." On the other hand, when I lunged my mare this morning, she acted as if she had never had a saddle on before and so it was quite an active workout for us both!:smile:

Replies

• Jessamyfrm
    Jessamyfrm Posts: 89
    Maybe because you're enjoying what you're doing it doesn't feel so much like a work out.

I can ride for hours and not feel like I've exercised till the next day aha.
  • ruralgirl
    ruralgirl Posts: 86 Member
    I think if your muscles are used to one sort of excersise it seems easier - I can ride for a few hours and only feel tired when I get back but just half an hour on the treadmill walking fast has my legs aching...
  • I've wondered the same thing, even with walking too. They sure give you lots of calories burned for 'walking horse back' for 3+ hrs :happy: I often just log it all as walking even though we've done a fair bit of trotting and some canter or gallop.
  • grumpers
    grumpers Posts: 46 Member
    just got in from lunging a couple of horses. Today it is already 86 degrees with 86% (!) humidity. No question about calorie burn today! felt like the equivalent of jogging in a sauna