Cheat day?

Options
Hi girls
Just wondering what a cheat day is? and also what effect it has, thanks babes!
x

Replies

• jhohn96
    jhohn96 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My definition of a cheat day is a day where you eat whatever you want. I've tried cheat days, and they don't work too well for me. I usually retain water weight for a good 3-4 days after. I've read some other things online that say a cheat meal once a week is better than a whole day of cheating. I've found what works best for me is just fitting in my favorite foods with meals here and there so I don't deprive myself.

Good luck! :happy:
  • hbuckholz
    hbuckholz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its pretty much when you decide to not be so hard on yourself for a day and eat things you normally would avoid, or eat bigger portions. I try it, and sometimes its great, but other times I just feel like doing that every day and it messes with me. I agree with what the other young lady said, doing that for a meal or a dessert maybe is better than doing it for a whole day. Whatever you think would work though, do it! If you're working hard at dieting, you need a break every now and again (:
  • porcelainjune
    Options
    The purpose is to maintain mental sanity so you stay on track and don't end up going crazy and binging because your being so strict. It is also like a treat for all of your hard work! I don't like taking an Entire day to eat whatever I want so I usually have one treat meal on friday. then the rest of the weekend I eat clean but relax measuring food and eat small proportion of things that aren't necessarily healthy. Its just taking time to relax and stop thinking about food :) I can't live without ever eating pizza again because i really love pizza so thats usually my dinner on friday.