Day 15 - (day late due to holiday)

Options
Fattack
Fattack Posts: 666 Member
As I was in a car for most of the weekend, I didn't have internet access, so day 15's post is a day late - entitled The First Two Bites.

The first two bites of any food will always have the most flavour, and if you keep eating after that, you're just eating for the sake of it (unless you're actually hungry, where eating serves a purpose). The taste won't get any better than those first two bites.

TASKS:

***Choose one of your favourite foods, such as carrot cake, and then focus on all the details and tastes of the first two bites. Let yourself appreciate the flavours.
***After the first two bites, stop eating and get rid of the rest of the food. Write down the details of this experience.
***With each food you eat, pay close attention to the first two bites. Notice how they taste in comparison to the rest of the food.

Replies

• fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I think this is why my diets fail, I can't throw away food!! Lol!!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I have been trying focus more on eating only when actually hungry so not had an opportunity to try the 2 bite exercise. Not really wanted a treat.
  • kimannabella
    kimannabella Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been trying this with dark chocolate, a square a day to sate me (the 80 percent or higher) so far it has been working.