Day 16 - The Nurturing Power of Food

Options
Fattack
Fattack Posts: 666 Member
As the first two bites (see Day 15's post) of any food have the most impact on our taste buds, they're also the only bites with any emotional power. For instance, if you have a bad day, and eat a full pizza, do you feel better after you've eaten the whole thing? Nope! Sometimes, you even feel worse for ruining your diet!

In short, eating more doesn't improve your emotional state.

TASKS:

***Intentionally eat something that will help you feel better. soak up the pleasure from a delicious piece of chocolate. Allow yourself the comfort of eating your favourite ice cream or a luscious cinnamon roll. Eliminate any thoughts of guilt or remorse as you eat this food.
***After two bites, stop! Remind yourself that your needs have been met and eating more of the food won't increase your healing level. Then give away or toss whatever food is left.
***Write about how you felt doing this, and notice what level of satisfaction you experienced as you ate the first two bites of the food.

Replies

• kimannabella
    kimannabella Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    As I am in scotland right now, I hope to do this with butteries (they're sort of like a dense,squashed croissant with butter baked into them so they are very heavy, fatty and delicious).
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    My favorite cookie is the white chocolate macadamia nut cookie from Subway. I went today just to get that cookie. It was 3:00 and I had not ate lunch yet so I was hungry. I fixed me a sandwich, waited about 15 minutes to let my head and stomach catch up to make sure I was still a bit hungry. I ate 2 bites, it was amazing! But I was fine tossing the rest in the trash.