Famous Namesakes

Options
jpratt44
jpratt44 Posts: 16 Member
Hey all!

So I have a question...does anyone else have a famous namesake? My name is Jerrica, which is pretty weird in and of itself, but the best part is that I was named after a hilariously bad 80's cartoon called Jem and the Holograms. Synopsis for those of you who aren't familiar: this is a show about a girl named Jerrica (that's me!) who puts on magic holographic earrings and turns into the rockstar Jem, and then she and her bandmates get into all sorts of crazy trouble. Just wondering, is anyone else named after something crazy???

Jerrica

Replies

• Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

So I have a question...does anyone else have a famous namesake? My name is Jerrica, which is pretty weird in and of itself, but the best part is that I was named after a hilariously bad 80's cartoon called Jem and the Holograms. Synopsis for those of you who aren't familiar: this is a show about a girl named Jerrica (that's me!) who puts on magic holographic earrings and turns into the rockstar Jem, and then she and her bandmates get into all sorts of crazy trouble. Just wondering, is anyone else named after something crazy???

Jerrica

I am not named after anything crazy but I just had to say...Seriously....your namesake kicks *kitten*!
  • jpratt44
    Options
    Ekoria,

Thanks! I am pretty fond of it :)
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    My son's name is Keevan....It references DS9...
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm named after Karen on Frosty the Snowman. My mom was verrrry pregnant with me at Christmastime and my Dad picked it while they were watching Frosty with my siblings.

I carried the tradition on to my daughter Alyson, who is named after Alyson Hannigan a la Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My daughter is named Deanna a la Deanna Troi from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm named Michelle like every girl in the 70s. I named my son Logan...no reason why... ;)
  • ScottyNoHotty
    Options
    I'm named Michelle like every girl in the 70s. I named my son Logan...no reason why... ;)

Don't ever take him on a carosel ride....
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Jerrica

That is outrageous....

Truly Truly outrageous.
  • jpratt44
    Options

That is outrageous....

Truly Truly outrageous.

LOVE IT!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Oooo good thread, my name is actually Clark which every time I introduce myself or I am on a list of names people say 'oh like Superman' but I was actually named after Clark Gable which I love :happy:
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My son's middle name is Miles because I couldn't get the Who song "I can see for miles" out of my head.
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Jerrica! That's awesome. I loved Jem!
    We named our daughter for Kaylee from Firefly. :)
  • sunnburst1984
    sunnburst1984 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Named my first born after Paul Stanley (From KISS) and my second born Evan because of an inside joke that includes Even Piell off of Star Wars :)
  • digitalodin
    digitalodin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Jesse. As in Jesse James. I guess my mom had a thing for him.
  • callmebryntax
    Options
    I was named after Brynn Thayer who was an actress on Matlock. Which is funny... because now I'm a lawyer :)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Nope not named for anyone (Emma is very common!) my mum wanted to call my Leia but my dad said no, kinda glad!
    I do share my name with a character is this awesome looking movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066518/ (The Vampire Lovers) :laugh:
  • ScottyNoHotty
    Options
    If I ever had a daughter, I'd name her Luke....just like Tim and Daisy
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    If I ever had a daughter, I'd name her Luke....just like Tim and Daisy

Ooo I had a friend called Blake, his brothers were Kirk and Luke, lot of win in that family!
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My son is Rowan which was picked from both a Anne Rice series (thought the character was female) and Rowan Atkinson the British comedian who I love. My daughter is Cordelia from the Buffy and Angel tv series. I was supposedly named after a soap opera star, but my mother can't remember what show.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    my name is cara.. my mom just liked it, i don't think she got it from anything.

my kids :

damien (yup, from the omen!) but was almost julian or ethan (guys from passions, the soap opera) i only picked damien once i saw him, he just looked like one.
    middle name michael (yes, michael myers) and also his dads uncle.

i love horror movies ;p

dominic (but was almost miles jonathan davis, after, yes, miles davis and johnathan davis lol)
    middle name alexavier. i wanted to name him xavier, but everyone said no..
    my friend suggested alexavier for me, and its very unique, i love it. i wish i used it for his first name.
    i got dominic from my friend dominica and a cute boy from high school named dominic.

if i had kids NOW, their names would likely be more geeky. although if i had another boy i think dimitrie would sound good.
    damien, dominic, dimitrie. just kinda flows.