Introductions

Options
124»

Replies

• ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    im so excited about this, i started 2012 at 185, currently hovering around 175, my ticket says goal of 165 but that is really only a mini goal, id love to be 145 (eventually) so from 185 that would be 22% loss.

from a starting weight of around 175 (will confirm friday) I'd like to lose about 8% so about 13lbs
  • ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi, All!!!

Count me in! I'm 26 and from TX. I love sand volleyball and zumba. I began my weight loss journey seriously this January and began at 294.8. I now weigh in at 284.4 My weight has been a battle my whole life and has been the one thing that has always stood in my way. I am here to succeed. Let's do this!

ive lost near enough the same weight as you since jan too. im 25 (26 next month), we can do this!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Amber! I'm 21 from Michigan. Some of you may remember me from the Spring Biggest Loser and this competition stuff really kept me motivated. I've lost 17 pounds since March 26th and I'm stoked for the summer one. I'm gonna put my 100% all into this! I'm ready! Lets do this :D
  • FidalgoGirl
    FidalgoGirl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Greetings from the PNW (Pacfic Northwest)! I'm Jody, 40 years old soon to be 41. This is my second attempt at a biggest loser challenge, it really motivated me last time and I'm sure it will again. My goal is to lose 15 pounds, and then maintain. I'm not a huge fan of dieting. My favorite recent books have been: The French Don't Diet Plan, and Intuitive Eating.

I don't like to deprive myself of anything, so I focus on portion control enjoying every bite, and activity to counter act and keep my heart healthy. I am also very goal motivated, so I am working on preparing for the Danskin Triathlon and Iron Girl (annual tradition that my daughter and I do).

Good luck everyone! -Jody aka FidalgoGirl
  • fitstar2
    fitstar2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello from Sask. Canada! Excited to be here with all of you! My goal is to lose 15 lbs in the next 9 weeks!
  • momstreet
    momstreet Posts: 7
    Options
    Well, I'm 51 and in the home stretch. I started out this journey 105 pounds ago... my next stop is in the 150's. I have discovered that i really like to sweat! I go to the gym 5-6 days a week, work with a trainer 2 days a week... do cross fit once a week...and have discovered that i really really like being active. i went snow shoeing in march, i did a 1/2 mile open water swim a few weeks ago...did a 15 mile bike ride two days ago and planning a hike on Mr. Rainier next weekend. I have no idea what my final destination will be... we shall see.
  • Becky3701
    Becky3701 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Rebecca. I thought I introduced myself already -guess I didn't.
    I have 2 girls my older daughter is going to be 20 and away at college and my baby is 1.
    I've always been 30-40+lbs overweight from my 1 St pregnancy. My 2nd baby I went over 200lb.
    I've lost some weight on my own recently but the scale kept creeping up. I've tried many many
    Times to lose the weight, never having the support I needed. I just found this site last week
    & I love it. I've had more support this week then I've had over the past 20 years!
    I am 187.6lbs - (I weighed in here yesterday, was down 2.4)
    I'm 5'3. I'd like to get at least to 130lb.
    Good luck to everyone on your weight loss journey! I'm ready to go!
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Late to the part for introductions, but here goes!

I am a 26 year old aspiring author from Eastern Canada. I have always been heavy - I was born 10lbs11oz - for my family it was not healthy choices but portion control, I believe. I have always known how to eat healthy, but never known the stopper on my hunger.

In 2010, I decided to embark on my weight loss journey, weighing 325lbs. I got down to 248.6 and was flourishing. Through going back to a desk jockey job and meeting my boyfriend, I ended up gaining back about 20 "comfort pounds", but I am within 2lbs of being back at 248.6... just having a hard time breaking back under the 250 barrier!

I am having a very hard time being motivated to exercise (apart from two or three horseback riding sessions a week and walking to and from work 5 days a week (about 5K every day)) and don't log well on the weekends and these are my downfalls. As a result, some weeks, I have no losses, others I have 1lb or so... I have been working on this since MARCH!

I am a big, tall gal - 6' tall with size 12 feet, man sized hands, enormous head - I don't ever expect to be 130lbs, but think I would be quite comfortable at 180 so that is my aim for the time being, and will see how my body feels from there.

I am hoping that the contest will give me the motivation I need to get over that 250 line and get after my goals!