Tight Tuesday! 7/17

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Stretching...hmmmm not exciting but a neglected and vital part of fitness. How many of you take the time at least 10-15 minutes to really stretch after a workout?? In the fitness realm cardiovascular, strength training and flexibility are the 3 GOLD standards but most skip over the flexibility part. Flexibility helps with our muscles and joints! Since flexibility decreases with age we must work on it now to prevent severe loss.
There are videos, books classes and different varieties of stretching! Yoga is a great stretching exercise with other benefits as well. Seek and find today and DO stretch after your exercise today...10 min if you are a beginner! YOUR body will thank you later!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Since I will be at my sister's today, I am sure being the fitness guru that she is, she will have plenty of stretches to teach me. I can just see her grin now. Thank you for your wise counsel and your encouragement. I look forward to your challenges, which ultimately is making the necessary lifestyle changes easier to work at.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    So glad I joined this group. Thus far each challenge has been just what I needed to work on. I have def. been neglecting my stretching and yoga routines and I can feel it. I'll be using that yoga dvd today for sure!
  • chelleRmcgrath
    Options
    I am bad about not stretching. Thanks for posting as a challenge!
  • momteacher2013
    Options
    Oh this is a good one! I always skip stretching...I'll do this one.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Guys all I can tell you is I try to post what I need help with too! I used to be terrible at stretching until I had a knee injury and it was discovered part of the problem is excessively tight muscles!!!!! Some of the ones they gave me....wooo weee they hurt but bc my muscles so tight! He said I need to be vigilant the rest of my life!
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I did 15 minutes stretching after my bike ride this morning. Man did it feel good!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I did the stretching but it felt awkward. Sure hope I did it right. Thank you again. This group is motivating me to keep going even when I do not want to.
  • nawlinskat
    nawlinskat Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello,new to site and group.Definitely stretched today .Today I did the 5 Tibetan Rites which definitely work your entire body along with a hamstrings' stretch and hips'. stretch to boot.My body is more flexible'balance is better and I'm more pain free and energetic since I've started stretching again with consistence.