Lynn Bowles - Radio 2

Options
KitTheRoadie
KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
Don't feel you have to reply to this, I just wanted to have a rant about the above!

Lynn Bowles is the breakfast travel presenter on Radio 2 in the mornings, this morning she was talking to Chris Evans, something about losing weight and she said on national radio, "muscle weighs more than fat"! :noway:

Way to go Lynn for spouting mis-educated tripe! The thing that bothers me about this is so many people believe it, that when they hear someone on the radio say something like that, it only strengthens their incorrect belief.

I expect most people weren't really listening at that point and it went un-heard, certainly no one contacted the show to say otherwise (I was driving). Normally when they make errors on the show people pick them up on it, but I am guessing that everyone thinks she is correct, so no one would think to correct her. Oh well it's my beef, I'll just have to get over it...

/rant

:smile:

Replies

• moguline
    moguline Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    haha, love this! I wish people would just say something like "muscle is denser than fat" - at least that makes sense. :)
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    email the show and ask her to explain the remark on air:)
  • Deka61
    Deka61 Posts: 74
    Options
    Can't stand Chris Evans.............ruined the morning show......just saying, he is so annoying....to me.