rush consultants

Options
miranda_mom
miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
I saw an article today about how families are hiring "rush consultants" to coach their daughters through the rush process. I don't know about you ladies, but I think this is a little ridiculous!

Replies

• Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's weird. I've heard of consultants for the CHAPTERS.....I love our ELCs! But for individual girls it's just a bit much.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I thought they WERE talking about ELCs at first - by no, they teach the girls what to talk about at rush and then give them a makeover.
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    As annoyed at the idea of hiring a recruitment consultant to help your daughter get into a specific sorority makes me, I definitly could see people doing this, especially if you want your daughter in a specific sorority (or your daughter wants to be). I know that on my campus, even though it was a very small college, there was that one sorority that everyone was dying to get into. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the women going thru recruitment and were dying to wear that sorority's letters had hired or gotten help from someone about what to do and say.