Day one...

Options
jbella99
jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
So I started the cleanse this morning and I have opted for the cayenne pepper capsules rather than adding it to the lemonaid. Holy heartburn batman... I am using the senna laxative at night and skipping the salt water flush. I have a 45 minute commute in the morning so I don't wanna be caught not near a bathroom with the salt water. lol... so far so good. I am not sure I can give up coffee for 10 days.

Anyone else have any tips??

Replies

• Blessed2BeeAlive
    Blessed2BeeAlive Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I too am doing the same thing with different stuff. Lemon Water-N-Green Tea, with a touch of Red Cayene Peper. The Caynenne pills sound ideal. I've not been doing my salt water flushes, though I need to. They say it is ideal to do it in the early morning, upon waking up, however I take a walk with a friend, so after my walks I plan to do this.
    I'm burning more calories, then I'm eating: L.O.L.!!

It looks like you & I are in this together.
  • misskelli22
    Options
    I'm starting on the cleanse today but hoping to stick to it for at least a full 10 days this time. I did it late last spring but only for 6 days. The first 2 - 3 days had me feeling kind of tired and crummy. By day 6, I felt absolutely fantastic and had lost 12 pounds. I should have kept going but got tempted when I made homemade mac & cheese for the kids. One bite and it was over. Unfortunately, I ended up gaining the weight back partly because I just jumped right back to eating normal instead of easing in like I had planned. The extra stress in my life did not help either....

So it would be nice to know I'm not completely alone doing it, especially since many people are not supportive of cleanses.
  • XxJulsSxX
    XxJulsSxX Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi There

Are you guys interested in doing this again? I just started today :)

Juls
  • PurpleZeal
    PurpleZeal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Day one... Almost done with today. I am only doing a two day this time because it is my first time trying, and I just want to get a sample of what it will be like. The next time I will do an 8 day MC. I LOVE that I get to taste maple syrup and/or molasses all day. I felt pretty darn good all day, except for a slight headache, which I would expect with a detox cleanse. I walked for two hours today (which is a lot for me) at a leisurely pace (I am short, so probably 2.0 MPH.) Sure, it would be nice to feel that lump in my gut that indicates I ate solid food, but as far as hunger goes, it is only slight, no more than when I try to consume only 1200 calories a day on a regular calorie count diet. My biggest complaint today is that I feel like I have carpel tunnel in my wrist because I use the old school juicer where you have to twist and push the lemon on top of a pointy dome thingy. I'm not kidding, my wrist hurts.
    I should mention I started a vegan lifestyle before starting this. They say if you do, then it is easier to stick with it. I don't know if that is true or not.
  • PurpleZeal
    PurpleZeal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - What a difference, today was rough, wow! How can anyone go to work while doing this master cleanse? You pee out your rectum all day long. Sorry if that is too much information, but if you are thinking of doing this cleanse, you need to know - you are going to be running to the restroom A LOT! And most likely you are going to feel that cayenne pepper on the other end too. I was lucky, I was at home all day. But I would never be able to do this at work. Well this was my experiment. I got a good feel of how it was going to be. I am not perfectly certain I wish to do this again. I was going to, but I really would have to prepare. I did get hungry a lot today, even though I drank more than yesterday. Oh, and taking that laxative tea before you go to bed? Yeah, you are going to be up at 3am, and 5, 6, and 7. (if not on the 2nd day, surely by the third) What I didn't realize that I expected that the lemonade would knock on the front door (if you get my drift), but no, it knocks on the backdoor, once your solids are gone. Just thought it would be good to share with you before you take that dive.
  • 68cheeky
    68cheeky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined this group and was wondering if you continued with the cleanse? I'm on day 9 now and loving it. There's a lot of negativity about it on different threads. I'm looking for positivity. :)