parks lately

Options
I know it's that time of year but I've about had it with the huge tour groups. Today we were in line for Spaceship Earth and a small group was in front of us, but right as we made the turn to go up the ramp 30 or 40 more from the group jumped in line with them. Urg. We've been going to WDW for 15 years now, you'd think I would know better than to even bother going in July. *sigh* I dropped the teens off at EPCOT today and stayed with the little kids for a few hours. My son has dance class tonight then we're headed to MK to pick the teens up and spend another hour or two there.

All of that said, do ya'll log your walking around WDW as exercise? I've been logging it as leisurely pace walking and estimating the time we spending walking vs sitting/standing.

Replies

• nwolff84
    nwolff84 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have cardio trainer app. I set if for walking it turns on and off with with motion. Then it tells me how many calories I burned, distance, and time. I plug it in here. The best part is that it links to my gps and show on the map where I walk, jog ect. I use it for just about everything. I avoid summer at the parks in general. When we go it is normaly at night for the shows.
  • itszen4me
    itszen4me Posts: 9
    Options
    last weekend I used the endomondo app to track us. We walked 1/2 mile just from parking to spaceship earth. It was a pain to pause it when we were in line or on a ride, but by the end of the day I had an almost dead phone and 4 miles of walking logged in. We averaged 2.4mph, which is quite a bit lower than an exercise walk, but still something.