meatless mock meats

Options
2»

Replies

• elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    A couple posts mentioned making seitan. I've starting doing that and it is really good! easy to make too. I bought Bob's Red Mill vital wheat gluten. Just google it. Also can be called "gluten steaks". There are lots of ways to season and so much less expensive than buying it already prepared. It freezes well too! For about 120 calories, I have a bunch of it and it gives me 20 grams of protein! Try it!
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Definitely Field Roast brand. I love their sausages and their "roast" is very yummy, too.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i love the crumbles! yves for sloopy joes. fantastic foods for taco meat. they dont fit in my current plan though. so I havent had them for 3 months.
  • szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste/texture of most meat, so I'm not a fan of fake lunch meats, veggie burgers that try to taste like meat, fake chicken, etc. I seem to like veggie equivalents of flavored and "processed" meats the best - Field Roast Apple Sage Sausage, Field Roast Mexican Chipotle Sausage, Tofurkey Italian Sausage, and MorningStar Breakfast Sausage Patties (NOT sausage links) are probably my favorites. I also like most veggie burgers that actually try to taste like beans or vegetables, with the exception of ones that have too much mushroom.

I know those foods are processed, but they are good for getting more protein in a pinch and help my husband (the primary cook and a meat eater) with meal planning since we can share sides/most meal components but have separate protein sources.
  • TwiistedTwiin
    TwiistedTwiin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love Morningstar. Especially the sausage patties-maple flavored. It helps me with my protein too. :)
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo, Trader Joes's Chickenless strips and Morningstar Farms sausage patties. I'm interested in trying some of the Gardein products mentioned!