Where you can smoke in KY gas stations???

Options
deabora
deabora Posts: 20 Member
I have increasingly been noticing people smoking at gas station pumps and its causing me to have fits. I cant find out if its illegal or not.

Yesterday morning I stopped and three out of three people where lit up at the pump. The attendant had told me before that it was not illegal, but they discourage it. I never hear them say anything and even see attendance smoking while they are picking up the trash.

There are no longer signs posted on the pumps. This is really bad at the station next to my office and almost as bad at the little one by my house.

I am not good at confronting people so I have kept my mouth shut, but could really do a good chewing if I keep seeing this.

What can I do? Is it legal?

Replies

• ejmerckley
    ejmerckley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you look at the pumps its actually posted how far from the pump you have to be away from it to smoke. At least it's supposed to be. If not, there is always a corporate # for complaints and all that stuff somewhere on the pumps too. You can call that # and ask them. I used to work at a gas station in MI. We (workers/cashiers) were required to confront ppl if they were smoking "at" the pump and tell them to put it out!