Medium

Options
katraed
katraed Posts: 4 Member
I've recently come out to my family about a very big part of my life. It's something that used to terrify me when I was a child, and still does at times. How do I put this... I can channel the other side...otherwise known as, I see dead people. I've always been able to do it, it just comes naturally. Spirit makes itself known to me wherever I am, no matter what I'm doing. I've taught myself to "shut it off" while I'm at work, but it still can be very difficult at times.

Since coming to the terms with being a medium, my family, friends, and boyfriend have been very understanding and open about it. I recently joined an agape group in my communtiy with my mother. The group is open to all beliefs and spirituality, and they've been helping me through a lot this past year. I've done readings for not just family and friends, but for people that I don't know. Which can be intimidating at times. It's been a very long journey, and I'm proud to be where I stand today.

Why am I posting this? I joined this paranormal group in hopes that if someone out there is going through the same thing, maybe I could help them. Or, if people have questions, I could answer them to the best of my ability. Even if there are no other rmediums, or no questions, I still spent 22 years being afraid to talk about it, and it feels good to say (or type) it. I am a Medium. Thank you for taking the time to read this my paranormal friends.

-K

Replies

• Anappy
    Anappy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be afraid of who you are. If you can't be yourself and follow the path you were meant to follow, you would be denying yourself experiences that you need to have. I am glad that you were able to "come out" :)

Be Happy :flowerforyou:
  • chojolitos
    chojolitos Posts: 100
    Options
    wow!!!
    I'm not a medium but I'm a beliver. My mom pass away many years ago, she was very young 50 and I feel her presence sometimes. I'm glad you are here and that you share your story:sad:
  • alucardd20
    alucardd20 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've recently come out to my family about a very big part of my life. It's something that used to terrify me when I was a child, and still does at times. How do I put this... I can channel the other side...otherwise known as, I see dead people. I've always been able to do it, it just comes naturally. Spirit makes itself known to me wherever I am, no matter what I'm doing. I've taught myself to "shut it off" while I'm at work, but it still can be very difficult at times.

Since coming to the terms with being a medium, my family, friends, and boyfriend have been very understanding and open about it. I recently joined an agape group in my communtiy with my mother. The group is open to all beliefs and spirituality, and they've been helping me through a lot this past year. I've done readings for not just family and friends, but for people that I don't know. Which can be intimidating at times. It's been a very long journey, and I'm proud to be where I stand today.

Why am I posting this? I joined this paranormal group in hopes that if someone out there is going through the same thing, maybe I could help them. Or, if people have questions, I could answer them to the best of my ability. Even if there are no other rmediums, or no questions, I still spent 22 years being afraid to talk about it, and it feels good to say (or type) it. I am a Medium. Thank you for taking the time to read this my paranormal friends.

-K

Ok. Well it's great to embrace your ability, but, I've interviewed and case stuided various mediums. All of which I proved false. I am not saying you are, I am just say I'd like to speak with you a bit about your abilities. If interested, message me. I am a professional certified parapsychologist.
  • katraed
    katraed Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in all of the studies that have been done, and I don't shy away from skepticism. I believe it's good to be skeptical. Although I'm working with a 2 different doctors already, I'd love to hear about your experiences with mediums. I'm also in contact with a few people that are doing a study on mediums and epileptics (they thought I was an epileptic when I was younger) at Berkeley. I'm sending you a friend request.
  • tinlis
    tinlis Posts: 34
    Options
    Once again I have an open mind on a subject. Karl Jung said something like 'We all share a collective unconciousness'.
    .So I do think we communicate on a sub concious level. I cannot imagine why the dead would want to talk to the living.
    I think the laws of the universe would forbid it as it could influence life in a negative way.
    I have had many expierences imagined or otherwise.
    I seem to get messages shortly before a member of family dies. 3 brothers and 3 sisters. My mother would have called it projected wishing.
  • pichild
    pichild Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    We are truly blessed to live in the times that we do....embrace your gifts for what they are...there was a time not so long ago when to live "outed" was not possible those who did were living on borrowed time...I personally have never made it past 34 and many times not that old...I find it interesting to see what life's like at an older age...these are truly enlightened times....