Workouts?

Options
jobrandes
jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
What workouts are you all doing? How are you keeping in shape or trying to get fit?

Replies

• MellowCee
    MellowCee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Currently doing Jillian's 30 day shred Level 1. I just wanted to get moving again before I try to go all out. I have the Insanity videos on deck. I would like to add jogging in soon.
  • beachlover1129
    beachlover1129 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    the past month I have been working 12 hours days so mostly I get up come to work, work, go home eat shower and go to bed and do it again. but I have a desk job normally but the past month I have been boxing up charts and hauling them and stacking them. so that has been a work out. I plan to start zumba in my living room and go back to the gym I pay monthly fees on but haven't utilized :mad:
  • lcabacungan
    lcabacungan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did P90X last year, really liked it. Started doing Insanity recently, although I log it in on my FP diary as Tae Bo since it doesn't seem to have any current cardio available. Although when I lost all my weight years ago, it was Billy Blanks Tae Bo that I used and very successfully. I heard that to get leaner the Insanity is better and P90X helps to tone up your muscles. Definitely more intense workout with Insanity. Figure after I drop some of the weight I can focus more on muscle groups. Love Beachbody, Tony H. and Shaun T. Don't seem to be a gym person, so it is nice to have my own personal trainer in my living room.
  • GoaliesWife123
    Options
    I am currently using Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. I feel like it is enough to kick my *kitten*, and is still only 30 minutes. I do have her body revolution and will be starting that in October (after my adventure race).

I am a very loyal Jillian Michaels fan. She is phenomenal and her workouts WORK!!!

If you have any questions on any of her workouts, let me know! I'll be happy to answer!
  • Journey1972
    Options
    Wow P90X is not for the weak of heart. Intense work out. Congrats:smile:
  • Journey1972
    Options
    I jog 2 miles, 3 times a day at 20 mph. I am doing the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and I go to the gym 3 times a week to do an hour of kickboxing. I ride my bike on trails with friends often as well.
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great to meet you all. I am also a fan of Beachbody workouts, they are amazing. I have Insanity, P90X, P90X2, TurboFire, Les Mills PUMP and some others. Kind of alternate them all, I just love them. If you want to know about any of them I'd be happy to answer, I've been doing BB workouts for a long time.

I used to go the gym, run and all that but not really much anymore. I do like to hike, cycle, snowshoe and do that outdoor stuff though too. That is fun when the weather is good.

If you want to connect up on FB I'd love to. I have actually created an LGBT fitness group so let me know.

JO
  • rlinz123
    Options
    I just started doing an early morning boot camp class twice a week (it's hard!!!!) and a early Saturday morning "fit walk" class. I'm an administrative assistant at a college, so it's a pretty sedentary job, but I do try to get to the gym at least 2 times a week to workout during my lunch break. We live right on a beautiful park with a great jogging/walking/biking trail, so my wife and I try to take at least one longish walk a week with our kids when the weather is nice.

I actually love going to the gym and working out, I genuinely feel mentally and physically and emotionally healthier when I go. It's just so hard to find the time! I work 9-5, have 2 kids, plus I am finishing a PhD program and completing my dissertation. For me, the early morning workouts are best -- the bootcamp classes are early enough that when I come home, my kids and wife are usually still asleep or just waking up.

How about you all? How do you make the time for workouts?

(By the way, I'd love to get some friends on here, so please add me!!!) :)
  • HyacintheAlcuin
    Options
    Well I started back in May with Insanity, it was... whew especially for being as out of shape as i was. I then moved to Rushfit it's a good program but not for me. I'm now doing Tapout and zumba (when i'm pressed for time and 2adays) but i'm thinking of revisiting insanity in a couple months once i finish tapout and then moving on to asylum vol 1 and 2 but yeah
  • UsernameStillLoading
    UsernameStillLoading Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm just hitting the gym.
    Chest and tris on Wednesday
    Back and bis on Fridays
    Legs on Saturday

I mix cardio in there when I either have the energy, or I'm in the mood.

My friend is going to get a gym membership to a center closer to our houses; and she's going to let me use some of her guest passes so I'll probably be adding another workout day. Also, I might add a day to go swimming; she loves to swim and her gym doesn't have a pool...mine's does.
  • MIZHAPPY1
    Options
    im doing a 30 day abs challenge, squats, and push up's.... I like doing the challenges because it keeps me focused:smile:
  • gonekampin
    Options
    A large part of my workout is dog walking/running. She's a good motivator I'll let her off her leash at night and try to keep up with her. Shell run just fast enough to beat me...brat. but its fun.
  • CaptainGeorgio
    CaptainGeorgio Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is gonna sound weird...but fencing. Fencing with a 2lb sword burns (depending on your size) 300-500kcals an hour. And it's really good fun too!