Favorite Summer snacks/excersizes???

Options
I thought it might be fun for us all to post some of our favorite low cal or healthy foods or favorite exercises to keep us on top of our goals!

Some of my favorite snacks:
Frozen fruit smoothie with cinnamon, xylotol (sugar, or sweetner) and water. With unsweetened fruit and a sugar substitute this is only around 70 calories per smoothie! (just over one cup with water added)

baby bell cheese wedges- perfect for something savory:) only 35 cals!

For exercise- try DANCE! whether is zumba, jazzersize, swing dancing, or technical dances like ballet, jazz, or contemporary... its fun and burns a ton of calories. PLUS its a full body work out. Perfect for summer fun.

Replies

• cvthatcher
    cvthatcher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i always have to have my coffee, but it's so hot. so i will take a cup of just black coffee and stick it in the fridge to cool it down, then blend it with some skim milk, vanilla protein powder, stevia, and some ice cubes, to make a sort of frappuccino minus all the fat and sugar, plus some protein!

as for favorite exercises, i'm loving the nike training club app on my iphone. kicks my butt everytime! it's free & it's awesome. i don't think it's available on android devices, but i've heard the same videos are on youtube.
  • layapooh15
    layapooh15 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love apples with the peanut butter to go!! And i drink flavors to put in my big jug which is only 10 calories and taste.really good:))))
  • Calliope90
    Calliope90 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hmm, favorite snack... I have been getting more involved with the "it's not what you eat, but how much" idea. I used to have unhealthy eating habits because I would try to omit certain foods all together fearing that they were "bad". Now I am re-discovering the joys of pudding cups (~100 cal) and ice cream cups (blue bunny, ~100 cals also). But, nothing beats rice crispies and light yogurt mixed together- it's like cereal, but tastes like whatever flavor you choose (yogurt varies, but I use yoplait light, ~100 cal, and rice krispies, .75-1 cup, so ~75-100 cal).

As far as exercise, I am very picky about what I like. I also am limited resource wise, as we cannot afford a gym membership or pay for a recreation sport. I usually go walking and listen to my favorite music (lol, it is usually classical; nothing better than working out to Prokofiev), but one thing I used to love was kick-boxing. I never did more than videos, but honestly, who doesn't love pretending they are a ninja?!

:laugh:

As far as drinks, I am a crystal light fan all the way. Something about their lemonade... :drinker:
  • stephinpitts
    Options
    Watermelon. Sweet, tasty, lycopene rich, high in vitamins A & C and fiber, VERY low in calories, with numerous other healthy bits in addition to a nice dose of water.

You really can't go wrong with it.
  • Phoenix212
    Phoenix212 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ohhh Iced coffee is such a big thing for me in the summer. I love love love it! Depending on how much I've been eating that day I'll drink it black or with some skim milk. Trying to keep away from artificial sweeteners. Sugar snap peas and strawberries are some of my favorite summer treats. Also zucchini and tomatoes. Pretty much any fruit, though; it's just so refreshing!

As for exercises? I'm not sure if my exercises change seasonally. I feel like it's just too hot most of the time to do stuff outside, but I'll always love horseback riding. I'm also going to try my hand at tennis this weekend!
  • daniellexcara
    daniellexcara Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    definitely celery with peanut butter. sooo good. I also like ice pops since they usually only have about 15-45 calories and nothing else (a little carb)
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    Hmm, favorite snack... I have been getting more involved with the "it's not what you eat, but how much" idea. I used to have unhealthy eating habits because I would try to omit certain foods all together fearing that they were "bad". Now I am re-discovering the joys of pudding cups (~100 cal) and ice cream cups (blue bunny, ~100 cals also). But, nothing beats rice crispies and light yogurt mixed together- it's like cereal, but tastes like whatever flavor you choose (yogurt varies, but I use yoplait light, ~100 cal, and rice krispies, .75-1 cup, so ~75-100 cal).

As far as exercise, I am very picky about what I like. I also am limited resource wise, as we cannot afford a gym membership or pay for a recreation sport. I usually go walking and listen to my favorite music (lol, it is usually classical; nothing better than working out to Prokofiev), but one thing I used to love was kick-boxing. I never did more than videos, but honestly, who doesn't love pretending they are a ninja?!

:laugh:

As far as drinks, I am a crystal light fan all the way. Something about their lemonade... :drinker:

I love working out to classical, too:) (and CLEANING to it!) Personally, I can never have enough Bach but I should try Prokofiev for something different! Also- I am glad to see that others on here still enjoy some of their favorite snacks. I love ice cream- thanks for the blue bunny idea.
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    i always have to have my coffee, but it's so hot. so i will take a cup of just black coffee and stick it in the fridge to cool it down, then blend it with some skim milk, vanilla protein powder, stevia, and some ice cubes, to make a sort of frappuccino minus all the fat and sugar, plus some protein!

as for favorite exercises, i'm loving the nike training club app on my iphone. kicks my butt everytime! it's free & it's awesome. i don't think it's available on android devices, but i've heard the same videos are on youtube.

I hear you with the coffee! I do not have vanilla protein powder...just the standard green "hemp" variety. I suppose I could give it a try, though! Thanks for the idea:)
  • emelia_
    emelia_ Posts: 91
    Options
    I like to freeze grapes and have them in the morning for a pre-run snack, then I have a coffee/protein shake after :)
    Anything with peanut butter is good too, peanut butter and apples with raisins, yummmmmmy!