New To Group

Options
RheneeB
RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
Hello there - I purchased Turbo Fire a while back and had high hopes of what I could achieve with it. Unfortunately it stayed in the box as I let "life" keep me from finding the time to put it to use. In the past months I have had one child graduate from high school and one gradulate from college - we moved the college grad to Savannah, Georgia into his new apartment and have moved the high school grad to Statesboro, Georgia into his new apartment. Our oldest son has gotten engaged to be married and September 8th is the big day. One of our daughters has gotten engaged and April 20, 2013 is her big day. In the midst of this craziness my father in law was diagnosed with brain cancer and his health declined quickly. Within weeks we had to put him into a hospice care facility and within a week of being there, he passed away. Needless to say, all of this has left my head spinning and the other night I reached a point where I just needed to be alone and do something for me.....I went out into my pool house, opened up my turbo fire and pushed play. I felt so refreshed and invigorated when I finished but I realized just how much I push myself to the side in spite of my deep desire to lose the 40 pounds that haunts me. I am so tired of starting this weight loss journey and never finishing it. I am so tired of losing and regaining the same 7-8 pounds over and over and over. I am so tired of making the decision, devising the plan only to let "life" get too busy for me to follow through.

I am hoping that with this group I can find the hope and encouragement that I need to stay on track to become fit. I am soon to be 48 and am already a pretty heathly eater (there is some room for improvement). I put 40 pounds on since turning 40 years of age and I know that exercising is going to the key to getting it off. My goal is to complete my 90 day Turbo Fire program and then move on to something more challenging like Insanity or P90X. I have also seen a new program called Tapout XP that looks very interesting or Les Paul's Pump.

So with all that said.....here I am.....now let's see what I can do!!!

Replies