Day 18 - (day late - no internet on Weds)

Options
Fattack
Fattack Posts: 666 Member
Hi everyone, sorry day 18's post is late, as you know I'm on holiday and yesterday we were at my friend's summer house and stayed overnight and there's no internet there!

Day 18 is again about being in tune with eating, and to remember to leave your food when you are no longer hungry. However, we've often been reminded to clear our plate, often as children - at school / by parents, or even when older, at restaurants by staff ("Was something wrong with your meal madam?")

Tasks

1. Think about all the places you've heard messages related to clearning your plate- family members, school lunches, restaurant staff, even strangers. Tell yourself these old clean-your-plate messages no longer apply to your life.
2. Write in this topic some "Never clean your plate" rules that show your new attitude, for example, one message may be, "Never clean your plate. Instead, take care of your body and your healthy, and then figure out other ways to help those around you."

Replies

• MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Don't need to clean my plate, I am very satisfied and these leftovers will be great for lunch tomorrow.
  • kimannabella
    kimannabella Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If I have already allocated my calories for the day, then you better be sure that I am eating them (unless dot happens to be nearby, or stuarts cat loosh. i am his favourite person because I have been eating chicken for dinner lately).
  • Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If I have already allocated my calories for the day, then you better be sure that I am eating them (unless dot happens to be nearby, or stuarts cat loosh. i am his favourite person because I have been eating chicken for dinner lately).

Exactly!! And so irritating if someone (my husband is notorious for this) - steals something from my plate that I already have measured up. I know it saves me calories, but like....I counted those:)
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My mum always used to say, this is maybe, 35-40 years ago, "Eat all your food, think about the starving Biafrans" I have no idea who these people were/are, but the message stuck for a long time and my brother and I often joke about the Biafrans.
    These days I'm much more likely to leave food on my plate when dining out. Not so much at home because I've cooked it and I know exactly how many calories there are in it, but as an example....On Monday, my mum and I ate out, I chose a wild boar burger with chips and a couple of onion rings. Delicious but I really didn't feel as though I needed the white seeded bun it came in, so I left it. It's hard sometimes to get over the idea that I'm paying for this food, I should eat it all..........but I am getting better.