Day 19 - Eat Reasonably

Options
Fattack
Fattack Posts: 666 Member
Today's post is about eating reasonable amounts. This is something I generally don't have issues, I weigh everything habitually with my amazing digital kitchen scales. I never, ever guess- I weigh at every meal. I know this isn't for everybody, but I'm quite obsessive so it suits me fine! However, this can't be applied everywhere - I'm hardly going to take my scales with me to friends' houses, or restaurants for example! I'm told to use the palm of my hand to measure, in these situations. The correct serving of meat is equivalent to my palm, snack foods are to fit loosely in one hand.

Tasks:

1. With each food you eat today, take the amount you think is your designated serving size. Then weigh or measure the food and see how close you came to being correct.
2. Repeat this exercise until you are confident about your estimating skills.
3. Write down your ideal serving size for the food items you eat most frequently.

Replies

• Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Think I´ll practice this over the weekend!! This seems always to be my fallback when I stop measuring - I gain back...
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I have dieted for a gazillion years so I good at figuring out portins. My only downfall is when it comes to salad dressing so I have adapted the fork in dressing then in salad technique.
  • kimannabella
    kimannabella Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Again, a serial dieter like most of the ladies here. i know exactly what my portion sizes should look like.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I know for a fact I fail at this exercise. Although I'm usually under calories I always like a big plate of food. I still feel as though if it's not big enough it won't fill me up. For this reason although the main part of my meal may only be a third of a plate, I always fill the rest of the plate up with loads (yes, loads) of vegetables. Greens, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels, swede, anything really, to fill the big space on my plate.
    I know I should be trying to shrink my stomach but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do it.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I am a total weigher!! Scales are used for everything although I can pick up a handful of dried fruits and know that it weighs 10g. Both husband and I can cut off a chunk of cheese and that also will weigh 10g! So we're getting better at portion control!!