Introduce Yourself

Options
Introduce yourself on here! what are you goals? What program are you using? what is your start/end date? What made you decide to embark on the p90x quest?

Replies

• nastassia11
    Options
    My name is Nastassia ! My goal is to tone up and have a flattner belly in starting Monday and hopefully make it for 90 days !!!!!! I will commit this time :))
  • jcbrwn011
    jcbrwn011 Posts: 3
    Options
    My goal is to lose about 80lbs! After that I want to add muscle, but first things first lol! I am doing the p90x classic version. A friend of mine achieved his goals with the workout and recommended it to me! This is my second time to start the program. The first time, I made it 3 weeks before pulling a muscle doing yoga, and during the 3 weeks I was down found out my wife was pregnant, and until now I have not resumed. I plan on being more careful this time and paying attention to my body when it's telling me i've gone too far! My initial goal is to lose 40lbs by mid November! Over the next year I will lose the entire 80lbs! Good luck everyone!
  • wvwinner
    wvwinner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My name is Winter and I looking to lose that dreaded university weight I gained! I am also looking to become more toned and improve my physical fitness level. I started P90x classic version a little over a week ago but I have not been sticking to it everyday. With this group I hope to change that!! I am also completing this workout program with my boyfriend so I am hoping between him and this group I will finish! I have a very busy schedule being a teacher and have also started running daily and the 30 day shred. I know this workout is supposed to be completed with 90 days but I am aiming to have it done by the start of November.
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    On day 12 of P90X really enjoying it. first 4 days kicked my *kitten* but now am rolling along. Started July 9th at 225 lbs and now 215 or so. I think more to do with not eating out 5 days a week and having many cold ones lol. I definitely feel less fat and more muscle body wide. I also use Shakeology with my program and P90x vitamins. hoping to go 180 lbs as my BMI is 30% not good. Same ID on teambeachbody.com if anyone wants to friend there as well. I update my blog daily. Good Luck to all!
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Amy. I am starting P90X on Monday. I have tried starting several times since ordering it in February but I always got burnt out and stopped. Going to stick with it this time with all of your help. My overall goal is to lose weight. I have around 50 pounds to lose. But I wouldnt mind getting a little toner. I am going on vacation 10 days after finishing and I am hoping to have an amazing body and feel great in my swimsuit.
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. My name is Brad Hall. I'm a P90X Certified Beachbody Coach. With most starting next week I wanted to give you some tips/tricks to getting started. So here goes:

* Read the P90X Fitness Guide.
    * Read the P90X Nutrition Guide. As Tony says, nutrition is 50% of the equation.
    * Watch "How to Bring It" DVD.
    * Make sure you have the tools you need for success: dumbbells or resistance bands and a way to do pull-ups (resistance bands can be used to do pull downs if you cannot do pull ups).

Take your before pictures and measurements and record them.

Schedule your workouts in the WOWY Supergym on Team Beachbody.

Take the Fit Test and record your results. Download the P90X Worksheets to track your reps etc for each workout.

Take a look at this message from Tony Horton: http://youtu.be/h1GVmbhc2OM

I'm here to help you succeed with P90X. I've completed it 4 times and each time it made me leaner, faster and healthier. You can check out my before/after here: http://www.teambeachbody.com/P90XPaladin
  • BradHallFitness
    Options
    Vegas711,

Shakeology is a great product. I've used it for over a year and since using it another benefit is not getting sick for 16 months in a row now. I used to get sick at least once a month. Very blessed to have found this new lifestyle. No more medical visits etc. and saving tons of money because of it.
  • sgoessling
    sgoessling Posts: 119
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Sarah! I am 187 lbs and have a body fat % of a little over 30%. I am doing P90x to get healthier, so really the only number that matters to me is that 30%. I do want to reach a healthy weight so my goal is to lose 77lbs, but only 30 on my first round of P90x. When I finish p90x, I'm getting a tattoo on my wrist to symbolize my achievement and remind me that in order to win, I have to fight and that I can do anything if I want it bad enough. I will also me doing a modified version of the 30 day shred, doing each level 30 days for a total of 90 days with Sundays off. I want to master each level so that I can improve myself. My start date is Monday July, 23rd. I am so happy to hear all of your goals and to meet all of you and looking forward to completing this journey with you all! Good luck!
  • MrsSweetT
    MrsSweetT Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Tara...I will be doing the P90X Lean starting Monday, July 23rd. I'm looking to lose a few pounds and to get a toned-fit look. I decided to take another jab at P90X once I saw that it was a group starting that will help me be accountable as well as motivate me to keep "bringing it"!

Thanks for starting this group this is exactly the kind of support and motivation I'm going to need...

"BRING IT" :wink:
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Greats posts Brad. Very informative
  • sgoessling
    sgoessling Posts: 119
    Options
    Brads awesome! My beach body couch, helps me out and listens to my rambling questions for as long as I talk lol
  • vportillo14
    vportillo14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mt name is vanessa, i plan to lose 20 lbs by october 30 would be great but dont want to make an unrealistic goal in that time period. i'm using p90x and go hiking every saturday. i started on monday july 16 and end october 14th my boyfriends bday. i wanted to do p90x to challenge myself feel good about myself and focus on ME im a mom and work two jobs and this is somethin i want to do and to help lose 4 years 4 month old baby weight. I want to beable to fit in clothes and stop judging myself of being fat. i understand it will take time and patience and understan its not a quick fix.
  • BradHallFitness
    Options
    Welcome Vanessa. I think your goals and why you want to lose the weight are great. 20 pounds by October 30 is very doable for you. You can do it.
  • BradHallFitness
    Options
    If any of you would like to follow along with my current journey of P90X2 you can check it out on Youtube as I post a daily video.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/31337usr

It's nothing much but you'll see some of my struggles with nutrition that I talk about and other things. P90X and any workout program are a process. It takes time, patience and practice to be able to do all of the moves and earn the body you want. Are you waiting for success to come to you, OR are you going after it with a passion?

I send out weekly motivational monday/check-in e-mails each week. Let me know if you'd like to receive them.

Your P90X Certified coach,

Brad
  • keepfitkiwi
    Options
    Hi I am Grace from New Zealand, and I'm so excited to start the P90X programme, I wanna change my lifestyle, eat healthier and to look good too...I want some abs!!! lol :) I am 116lbs and round about 23% body fat. I want this challenge and I also need the support because I tend to lose interest in things and I want to stick to this one till the end!

I wanna know my full potential in terms of health and fitness. I am now 32 so my metabolism isn't as great as they were in my 20s and also gravity seems to be my friend lately lol!

Looking forward to this challenge with all of you! :)
  • sleigh54
    sleigh54 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello! My name is Sam and I was just searching around online and came across this website. Well it just so happens my husband and I started P90X this morning and man it kicked my butt! I am 22 years old, 5'9, and 183 pounds. I am looking to lose a little over 30 pounds and reach a healthy weight of 150. Exactly 90 days from today, my husband and I will be going on a 7 day cruise to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary and I want to feel comfortable in a tini weenie bikini! I am looking forward to having all of you as inspiration to help me push forward! We arent completely sure what we are going to do about the diet portion yet. We have definitely sworn out soda, junk, and fast food and I am going to try to stay around 1500 calories a day. I am also thinking about adding a 1 hour spin class to my schedule Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Fingers crossed!!
  • BradHallFitness
    Options
    Hi Grace and Sam. Welcome to the group. If you have any questions in regards to P90X, nutrition etc please feel free to ask.

Sam,
    I believe that you'll be able to hit that mark in 90 days. It will take dedication not only to the exercise but also following the nutrition guide. Remember, "you can't out exercise a bad diet." 1500 might be too low for you and you may "bonk" during the workouts especially on the days you add in the spin classes. "Bonk" = getting light headed during a workout or running out of energy to finish your workout.
    Proper nutrition is KEY with P90X. If you eat too little it can have the reverse effect you are looking for. Based on the information you provided you should be between 1800-2000 calories per day. Trust me when I say that you will still lose weight, but the difference by eating the 1800-2000 calorie level will make you feel even better. I'd also recommend, if you are not vegetarian/vegan, that you try the Fat Shredder phase of the P90X Nutrition Guide (50/30/20 Protein/Carb/Fat) nutrition plan for about 4 weeks then move to the Energy Booster plan at 40/40/20 for the remainder of P90X.

Grace,
    Stick with us for 90 days! You will get results. The formula is actually very very simple to get results with P90X or other Beachbody programs. Fitness + Nutrition + Support = Success. All 3 of those are equally important.

Bring It!!!

Brad Hall
    P90X Certified Professional
  • HDKinrade
    HDKinrade Posts: 2
    Options
    My name is Heather and I'm excited there is a group! I started P90X 2 years ago and saw great results. Unfortunately, I only made it about 6 weeks in and then the holidays struck and I never got back. My husband and I are going to do this together so we can each be accountable to the other. Neither of us are in the greatest of shapes, so we are going to to try lean first - mostly to build cardio endurance. My ultimate goal is not weight loss - rather it is a healthier life and inches lost. I'm at an age where I can no longer eat what I want (truthfully I passed that age a while ago but have been in denial) and now it is time to set a better example for the kids. Who knows, my 8 year old may end up doing this too just to show mommy up!
  • knicole723
    Options
    Hi Everyone! 28/F 5'3, 160lbs. Looking to start Monday, July 30. Just got back from a trip to Mexico for my 1 year wedding anniv. and gained a lot! (I was ALREADY my heaviest!).

Should I do the classic or lean version? I work out pretty regularly doing a bootcamp program 3x a week so I am not a novice by any means.

Any other ideas or suggestions to be successful with this, let me know!! July 30-Oct 30th.

Bring it!! :)

Oh, and feel free to add me!
  • BradHallFitness
    Options
    Nicole,

I'd recommend P90X Classic if you are already used to doing Bootcamps. I'd recommend though not doing P90X and accompanying it with another extreme workout to help avoid injury.

Have you read thru the P90X Nutrition guide? If you need help with the nutrition let me know.

Also, make sure you take the Fit Test, record your numbers and take before pictures and measurements.

Brad
    P90X Certified Professional