Day 21 - SATURDAY - Eat with awarenes

Options
Fattack
Fattack Posts: 666 Member
This is the post FOR SATURDAY. It is up EARLY because we're travelling from Sweden on Saturday and I won't have net access.

Remember that the two purposes of eating are to fuel your body, and to appreciate flavours. When eating for fuel, staying conscious helps you become aware of when you're full. When you're eating for the taste of the food, you want to be consciously enjoying the food's flavour. SLOW down, and pay attention when eating, because when you eat quickly, you don't appreciate and enjoy what you are shoving down your throat! This is something I really need to bear in mind!

Tasks:

1. Prepare yourself for having a "mindful-eating" meal by setting a table with your good china and silverware, lighting a candle, and playing quiet music in the background.
2. Sit down for your meal. While you're eating, don't do any other activities - focus entirely on the food. Notice details such as the food's appearance, flavour and textures, and even the temperature.
3. Record your observations, then add a few notes about how it feels to eat a meal using that much focus and total awareness. Post your observations and notes here!

Replies

• Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I guess this won´t be happening here :)
    We´re in the middle of painting all the walls, revarnishing the floors and whitening the ceilings....everything good is packed in boxes and my dining table is stuffed in my kitchen with the couch, tv and china cabinet. But it´s looking nice and will be back in place (hopefully) tomorrow - BUT then the painting continues thru out the kitchen and hall. Probably be a week before we´re fully back in place.

But hey - my birthday is in August, so we might be ready then :D
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Nope sorry, we don't do good china and since we eat our main meal at lunch time my husband will think I've gone crazy if I light a candle! Lol!! It is true that we don't pay attention to what were eating, I'm usually doing a crossword and johns usually reading the paper. Very naughty!