Day 20 - Friday - Half Off

Fattack
Fattack Posts: 666 Member
TOMORROW'S post (day 21 - Saturday) is up early as we're travelling from Sweden on Saturday and won't have net access.

Try the half-off special! When it comes to indulging, eat half as much as you normally would, or take half of the amount you want. Try adding a piece of fruit / salad / veggies to meals that have been halved to "complete" them. You could also save the food for two hours and decide then if you wanted the other half. Half-off works especially well at banquets or buffets that involve several courses. It can also help to determine portion sizes before eating (for example, 2 slices of pizza).

The "half-off" concept may feel awkward and sometimes unsatisfying, and if you can't stop yourself finishing the food off, it could be that you're trying to fill an emotional void.

TASKS:

1. Divide several of your food items in half, then eat only that much
2. Do this half-off special with at least five foods
3. Record the foods you ate, noting how it felt to leave half of the food behind

Replies

• Carol_s
    Carol_s Posts: 73
    I'm going to a BBQ tomorrow so will try the 'half off' special there :smile:
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    It's difficult to do this one right now because when I dish up my meals I only have half a plateful of the main meal and then fill it up with green veges.