It's the little victories that add up

Options
I had to post this and I figured here was best. I was so close to making a bag of pour over movie theatre butter popcorn and i know myself too well and would never stick to the recomended serving size. So instead of the popcorn i chose an apple and feel really accomplished just doing that. I feel like i should pat myself on the back. :)

Replies

• kteamhill
    kteamhill Posts: 21
    Options
    That's awesome! Gosh, I used to sit there and eat a whole bag of popcorn myself! Not anymore though. Honestly? I don't know about you, but I don't really miss it as much as I thought I would. :) I myself indulged in a piece of whole wheat toast with 1tbsp. of almond butter and sliced banana's on top! yumm.
  • melodyn9c
    melodyn9c Posts: 2
    Options
    You should definiely pat yourself on the back and I will too. You made a great choice and I don't think I would have had the will power to do the same. Great job!!! :smile:
  • skutrmnky
    skutrmnky Posts: 8
    Options
    I know i would have eaten it all lol. And I don't miss it as much as i thought i would. I haven't had as many cravings as i thought i would.
  • caswell806
    caswell806 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You should pat yourself on the back for that. It is a lifestyle change accomplishment. Congratulations and great job. Good for you. Those are some of the hardest decisions we all have to make on our journeys.
  • katymrose
    katymrose Posts: 78
    Options
    Great job! I wouldn't have stopped at just one serving.. lol
  • Lyssie71
    Lyssie71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely correct!! It's the little victories that make the difference! Congratulations!! The best part is that it was a conscious decision and you made the right decision for you! WOOHOO! It's all about hanging on to how those victories, big and small, make you feel to keep you motivated!
  • TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Options
    Knowing your weaknesses and being honest with yourelf about the popcorn was such a smart thing to do. If you know you won't be able to resist, stay away! And an apple is always a great choice!! Definately celebrate all the victories because each one gets you to the finish!!
  • skutrmnky
    skutrmnky Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys. I went shopping today and found some really good low cal substitutes. I have switched to whole grain pasta and chips (although I wont be eating much i just wanted to have those as an option for any craving that pops up, and my 3 year old loves them which is awesome.) I already eat whole wheat bread cuz i think it has more flavor than the white. I am making more frequent trips to the grocery store to have fresh fruit and veggies since you can't really stock up on those. I am noticing I am spending a lot less at the store also. People say it costs to much to eat healthy but when you think about it if you compose it mostly of fresh fruits and veggies the price per pound is way less than junk food.