lost 4lbs first week and 1/2 lb week two why is that?

Options
luis1984
luis1984 Posts: 15 Member
I just started the program and I am on week 2. I was excited because after week one I lost 4lbs and at the second week weight in I lost 1/2 of a pound. It doesnt add up, specially because I am doing the same as I did on week one, even more exercise. i stay under 3000 calories on my cheat day. I m scared of what is going to happen on my slingshot week. Did anyone experience the same situation or similar to mine? if so please some advice would be helpful

Replies

• sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I am only on day 4, it could be just that your body is readjusting to the change. I know my body doesn't like the LC days at all. How's your water intake? I have been trying to drink at least 3L.
  • luis1984
    luis1984 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think I do pretty good as far as water goes. I am starting week three and lets see what the scale says this saturday
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Maybe also do measurements, scale personally hates me but clothes and inches I am doing really well.
  • Sweetsys
    Sweetsys Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2 this morning. Only lost .2 lbs the entire week. 5.2 total but trying to figure out why. I know Chris says it takes your body a while to start to burn fat but I was unhappy with the scale numbers this morning. The good thing is I can feel the loss in my clothes just not on the scale.
  • amyrosner
    amyrosner Posts: 13
    Options
    A tape measure (or how your clothes fit) is a much better measure of fat loss than a scale. The goal is to lose fat, which may or may not show up as weight loss. Just because you're not seeing lower numbers on the scale doesn't mean you aren't losing fat - quite the contrary, in fact, as adding muscle and burning fat often results in initial weight gain even though you're getting smaller because muscle outweighs fat 5:1.
  • Sweetsys
    Sweetsys Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks Amy, decided this morning not to weigh until next Saturday. I did finally measure and will do that once a week. Have a wonderful weekend.
  • kimmerkay
    kimmerkay Posts: 110
    Options
    I agree with the measuring. I lost 5 pounds the first week and 2 pounds the second week. ( i'm 115 pounds overweight) BUT in 2 weeks I lost lots of inches.

Bust- 1"
    upper ab- 1 1/2"
    Lower ab- 1 "
    right leg 1/2 "
    right arm 1/2"

In only 2 weeks!!!

So hang in there! I bet the fat is falling off!
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Try not to worry if you're not seeing a lot of initial loss. Just keep feeding your body well, continue moving about, drink lots of water, and get plenty of sleep... your body will lose when it's ready. And ditto on not putting too much emphasis on the scale. How do you feel? How are your clothes fitting? What did Chris call it? Recomposition? Chin up & keep up the good fight! :flowerforyou:
    BUT in 2 weeks I lost lots of inches.
    In only 2 weeks!!!

Great job, Kim! Congrats on the NSV!