Nailing It To The Cross

Options
Been convicted that this another area in my life that I need to surrender to the Lord. I have tried so many times before. What makes this time different? I will be relying on Him and His strength; not mine. Any one else in this place?

Replies

• CCSmithers
    CCSmithers Posts: 11
    Options
    I was encouraged tonight by the lyrics of the song Nail It To The Cross. Here are the lyrics:

Is there something in your heart - between you and the Lord
    Are you drifting apart - not as close anymore
    There's nothing you can do - that He will not forgive
    Bring it to the cross - let it die so you can live

Nail it to the cross - get it under the blood
    Drown your pain and every stain in the mercy flood
    Nail it to the cross - find hope and forgiveness
    Kneel at the tree and walk away free - Nail it to the cross

Is there a burden you bear that's got you battered and bound
    Struggling for strength, do you long to lay it down?
    Don't take another step, just kneel where you stand
    Lay it at the cross and take the hammer in your hand

• QUEENPINKSPARKLEPARADISEBOUND
    Options
    Yes Im leaning on the Lord for everything.. please pray for me as well My son got attacked yesterday witha hate crime guy jumped out of car wehn he wsa on home from bart and hit my don over the head with a rock Im so Blessed Hes alive I still feel so bad the poice brought my baby home He cried in my arms it was so sad mybaby is 20 he hasnt cried like that since he was 10 and his sister ashley caleed him th eblack sheppof the family this thing has me so sad and i feel like escaping my pain and taking pills but that is not the ans thank you so much he is ok the good nes is He just got accrpted in the national guards thank you :heart:
  • CCSmithers
    Options
    I will be praying for you, your son, and your family in this. That is terrible. I am sorry that this has happened. We live in a fallen world. God is so good even in situations like this. There is a bigger picture that we cannot see. God uses all that we expereince in life for good (Romans 8:28-29). I've been through so difficult situations and the Lord gave me those verses and they gave me hope. There is hope, Honey. <3
  • slimsconie
    slimsconie Posts: 46
    Options
    He's already done way too much for me & my family. I always had a struggle with this and now, I realize GOD'S STRENGTH IS ALL I NEED TO SUCCEED. weight 137, here I come.

slimSCONIE
  • CCSmithers
    Options
    He has done so much for all that have accepted Jesus as Lord & Savior, and it is by His strength that we are able to surrender ourselves and rely on Him wholeheartedly. He is our hope, our strength, our courage and time of need. We will overcome & surrender, slimsconie, and He will make it possible. This is just one more area of our lives He wants to transform. <3
  • midge69
    midge69 Posts: 22
    Options
    I was encouraged tonight by the lyrics of the song Nail It To The Cross. Here are the lyrics:

Is there something in your heart - between you and the Lord
    Are you drifting apart - not as close anymore
    There's nothing you can do - that He will not forgive
    Bring it to the cross - let it die so you can live

Is there a burden you bear that's got you battered and bound
    Struggling for strength, do you long to lay it down?
    Don't take another step, just kneel where you stand
    Lay it at the cross and take the hammer in your hand

I googled this after I read, thought about singing it at church such a beautiful song thanks for sharing:flowerforyou:
  • slimsconie
    Options
    Just be there for him and show him your support. Nowadays, it's really hard for something like this to happen to our children. Pray for his strength to move forward and grow. WITH GOD HAVING HIS WAY.... HE'LL COME OUT STRONGER:)

slimSCONIE

PS: SIGN ON AS A FRIEND AND i'LL DO THE SAME.
  • casullivan1129
    Options
    Oh yes, I've been there a few times myself. This time I have been working the 12 Steps (The 12 Steps a Spiritual Journey) and something is shifting for the positive. I've done about 5 Step Studies during my 25 years of sobriety, but this book really digs deep and offers many opportunities to look underneath everything I've already looked at. I'm am surrendering more and more: food, caffeine, TV.... I don't know how much more I can surrender but obviously the Lord wants ALL of me and I am ready to give it ALL back to Him.
  • PAIRDIZE
    PAIRDIZE Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    amen!! GLORY BE TO GOD!!!! JESUS IS AMAZING!!! AND YES I AM DOING IT FOR GOD,MY HUSBAND,AND MY CHILDREN,AND MY GRANDCHILDREN AMEN!!! GODBLESS YOU AND MUCH LUV!!:flowerforyou: