Do you work out with others or alone?

Options
Phoenix212
Phoenix212 Posts: 54 Member
I'm just curious, because I'm always torn between wanting to work out with someone else and feeling too self-conscious. What does everyone else prefer?

Replies

• stephinpitts
    Options
    I work out alone unless we're counting the dojo. My situation is probably uncommon though since I don't actually know anyone in this town.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have trouble doing both.
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    It depends on the workout... if it comes to a serious cardio work out where I know I am going to be huffing and puffing I prefer to work out alone. I honestly feel like I can run longer and feel less stressed out if I don't need to worry about keeping conversation and such. I like getting out on my bike with friends, though. Many of my work outs are at dance rehearsal where I, obviously, am with others.

I would, however, like to get to the point where I can feel more comfortable working out with others.
  • cvthatcher
    cvthatcher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    alone almost always. my bf and i used to go to the gym, and he's just not that motivated. love him to death, but that's not an activity that's fun for us to do together! i go on bike rides with my dad some, and do P.A.C.E. express this summer with my mom, but i'm not really a huge fan of it, i'm just doing it to do it with her, haha. so i'd say i prefer alone.