The w/e splurge/confession...

Options
Anybody else go a little crazy this w/e and need to REALLY refocus in the next 48 hours? Let me "recount" the ways... pizza and red wine on Friday night, and steak, sweet potato fries (baked at least) followed by more red wine on Saturday night :drinker: which led to a midnight revelation that I needed to bake myself some almond cookies from scratch... (Oh and I covered a few of them with chocolate frosting...!) And of course, no tracking from Friday night until today. Uh-oh.... Was that wrong? :

Dare I say, NO! I just need to get on my bike, sweat it out, carb down tonight and tomorrow, and try to stay on the straight and narrow to hit my goal of 1 plus more LBs lost at our weight in Tuesday...

Anybody else need to confess? :blushing:

Replies

• ymhauschild
    Options
    I'm right with you! My hubs birthday was Friday so of course I had to bake him a chocolate cake with marscapone whipped cream frosting. I couldn't just stop there...I had to bake M & M cookies as well (his fave). Before we were to indulge in sugar heaven we had reservations at his favorite Mexican food restaurant. Stawberry maggie followed by enchiladas and too many chips and salsa to account for! Saturday wasn't as bad but still bad indeed. We went to another Mexican restaurant but this time a seafood one. I tried to behave by ordering a whole grilled stripped bass. Well after nearly 30 mins of waiting my bass arrived FRIED! Management told me that it would take another 30 mins to grill another fish. Not happening due to our very antsy two year old. 30% off of our bill and a full tummy of delicious deep fried goodness now I'm in dieting pergatory!
    I went to the gym both days and attempted to eat as few calories leading up to the indulgence...but still! I'm back on track today with no plans of bad food. If only I could get rid of the rest of that dang chocolate cake!!!
  • back4good
    back4good Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one...Thank you for sharing! Feels good to get it off your chest, huh? Plus it sounds like you really did try to make some concessions but it just wasn't meant to be!

I'll throw my left overs down the disposal if you do...Or maybe give the leftovers to a friend or neighbor? ... hmmm... the possibilities...
  • ymhauschild
    Options
    I just can't bring myself to toss that cake! I have this thing about giving my baked cakes that have been refrigerated. I'm always paranoid that they absord the "other food smells" that are in my fridge! I'm sure that it is all in my head...but I can't shake it!
  • back4good
    Options
    I don't blame you. I haven't parted with my leftover cookies yet either...meant to take them to a friend that I was visiting this evening, but I conveniently forgot them... (Luckily my hubby got into them instead so we're down to only four now... btw, he has lost 30 LBS since we've been married, so... it's really ok for him to eat anything tempting... (especially before weigh in on Tuesday!) Good luck resisting the cake!
  • MaxlacusNight
    MaxlacusNight Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that I'm not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I've had my time of the month the whole week and I feel so bloated. On top of that I was in so much pain or so tired that I barely moved at all. I did stay under calorie goal but with my PCOS I highly doubt that made any difference what so ever. It's gonna be a fig fat zero! :[
  • back4good
    Options
    All I can say is that I'm not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I've had my time of the month the whole week and I feel so bloated. On top of that I was in so much pain or so tired that I barely moved at all. I did stay under calorie goal but with my PCOS I highly doubt that made any difference what so ever. It's gonna be a fig fat zero! :[

Bummer... hope you feel better soon! Hopefully next week will be better... :-)
    Keep the faith!
  • MaxlacusNight
    MaxlacusNight Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you darling. Just gotta keep picking yourself up and start over. I'm going back to hardcore now! :)
  • back4good
    Options
    Good for you!! Hope this also encourages you... last week I was also bloated/ on my cycle and this week I weighed into today down 3 LBS!

One of the things I did two days before weigh in was to eat low carb dinners on Sun and Mon consisting of a turkey burger with cheddar cheese slice, tomoato slices, and 4% cottage cheese. And I've been RESISTING the urge to eat at night - one of my FORMER downfalls before I got on the MFP train to "Skinnyville"... :laugh:

Good luck this week!
  • hhoward11
    hhoward11 Posts: 13
    Options
    It is so nice to hear that I am not the only one! Went camping with the fam for 4days...first two were great! Even found a way to exercise! But the second two days were horrible...can you say bbq, smores, and potato salad? I don't even like potato salad! Yikes! So very thankful for a loss but so hummed that I wasted all that hard work on potato salad:(